Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   secret lake (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=99036)

hell_kid 07-22-2011 12:49 AM

secret lake

Im new to this forum and this is my hello, I figured i would share a spot where i have great success catching pike in upwards of 10 lbs. This is a lake that i've found with some huge gullible pike, looks like one of the truck got mixed up in which lake he stocked and dumped some fish in here. I just figured that because most guys are pike fisherman here, they would like to know this place. Its a bit north of swan hills, this is one of the only lakes that did not winterkill in the area.

There is a boat stored on the south-east corner of the lake. That i believe is for use.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...Secretlake.png

fairly easy access no one really fishes it out. I believe the population is starting to stunt, so PLEASE KEEP YOUR LIMIT.

Also, the other night grabbed some cheese and corn and pounded some bow river browns!

Love the forum boys!

Hell

Bhflyfisher 07-22-2011 12:51 AM

Hopefully, you realize that there is a bait ban on the bow river. Did you keep any?

Looks like a lake i'll have to bring my 9 weight too. Thanks!

simmered 07-22-2011 12:53 AM

LOL, you know how many times I've walked around that lake hunting. Never thought to throw a hook in there! thanks for the tip!!!!

hell_kid 07-22-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhflyfisher (Post 1019341)
Hopefully, you realize that there is a bait ban on the bow river. Did you keep any?

I did, my friend came with me but he didnt fish. I took 3 browns, each was about 2lbs

Bhflyfisher 07-22-2011 12:59 AM

Not cool buddy. That is over your limit.

hell_kid 07-22-2011 02:16 AM

Not to keep, 3 browns took the bait, One was taken home to eat the rest released. Not very tasty.

gprime27 07-22-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhflyfisher (Post 1019349)
Not cool buddy. That is over your limit.

I just LOOOOVE how people just jump all over someone in these forms. Granted yes there are times when people actually deserve it!

FIND OUT THE FACTS BEFORE YOUR POINT YOUR FINGER OR GIVE SOMEONE CRAP. LIFE WILL BE ALOT BETTER IF YOU DO! :snapoutofit::angry3:

bowriverbrown 07-22-2011 08:57 AM

I wouldn't suggest eating anything from the bow river.

WayneChristie 07-22-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhflyfisher (Post 1019341)

I use bait on the Bow every weekend, the fish love big dew worms!

fishpro 07-22-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_kid (Post 1019361)
Not to keep, 3 browns took the bait, One was taken home to eat the rest released. Not very tasty.

I hope you were fishing where bait is actually allowed. Also, I hope you are aware of size limits on the river.

Gust 07-22-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishpro (Post 1020209)
Well first of all, you admitted to using bait, it's too bad you didn't post pictures so we could report you and you could be given the fines you damn well deserve. Second of all, if the fish was actually around two lbs like you said, it would have been well over the maximum size limit - so either you broke the law again or you made a poor estimate of the weight.

Basically what I'm saying is that you are a poacher. We don't need your type on this forum.

I think it would be up to the mods for making that call,,, and the original post is kinda fishy, kinda chain yanky type, kinda trolley, kinda another type of metaphor related to fishing.

BeeGuy 07-22-2011 06:33 PM

hahah

Ya, pretty questionable. The assumptions people immediately make in order to put someone on the spot is getting really fkn tiring. It's really bringing down the quality of the site.

It's like among a certain group it's a contest to be the first to tear someone apart.

I believe the reg is that you can keep 2 browns any size, taken with bait below the Bassano Dam.

Can anyone add to this?

Perhaps an apology is in order.

Braun 07-22-2011 06:34 PM

lol i like how fishpro changed his post so he looks like less of an asshat. ha. thats the word of the week. anyways. calm you **** guys. he never said what section of the bow he fished. a certain section and he can keep whatever size he wanted. its best that ya'll just kept your mouth shut unless he said what section of the bow he fished.

i agree with gus. something isnt right fully

Gust 07-22-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braun (Post 1020239)
lol i like how fishpro changed his post so he looks like less of an asshat. ha. thats the word of the week. anyways. calm you **** guys. he never said what section of the bow he fished. a certain section and he can keep whatever size he wanted. its best that ya'll just kept your mouth shut unless he said what section of the bow he fished.

I have a hard time visualising the Asshat, even with the picture.

BeeGuy 07-22-2011 06:48 PM

Agreed

Maybe we need a poll "Asshat of the Week" to cut down the crap flinging.

Gust 07-22-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braun (Post 1020239)

I think it's the ol'below Bassano trick question,, I didn't know Browns were there even though they could come up from the Oldman River,,, though one of my biggest Rainbows was caught at Bassano.

So apologies from this Asshat!

Hey BeeMan, you're startin to get all AO Forum pee & vinegar, it's good,, I was waiting for this day. To Beeguy or not to Beeguy that is the question...

fishpro 07-22-2011 06:51 PM

After making my original post I realized that it sounded a bit harsh, that's why I editted to something different.

On a side note, I think that for a heavily regulated river like the Bow, I think people should specify where they were fishing to avoid such confusion.

Gust 07-22-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishpro (Post 1020276)
After making my original post I realized that it sounded a bit harsh, that's why I editted to something different.

On a side note, I think that for a heavily regulated river like the Bow, I think people should specify where they were fishing to avoid such confusion.

I dunno,,, it sure keeps us (myself included) less Pro on the regs and righteous.

fishpro 07-22-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishpro (Post 1020276)

Also, I apologize for my reaction, I just take our fisheries very seriously.

Gust 07-22-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1020272)
Maybe we need a poll "Asshat of the Week" to cut down the crap flinging.

Ok, you start the poll

WayneChristie 07-22-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_kid (Post 1019339)
Also, the other night grabbed some cheese and corn and pounded some bow river browns!

Love the forum boys!

Hell

Ok I am fairly twisted I admit, but I had a whole different line of thought here, must be hanging out with JTS1 too much! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

chubbdarter 07-22-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GustavMahler (Post 1020273)
I think it's the ol'below Bassano trick question,, I didn't know Browns were there even though they could come up from the Oldman River,,, though one of my biggest Rainbows was caught at Bassano.

So apologies from this Asshat!

Hey BeeMan, you're startin to get all AO Forum pee & vinegar, it's good,, I was waiting for this day. To Beeguy or not to Beeguy that is the question...

Gus why cant the browns and rbt come from the Bow?

horsetrader 07-22-2011 09:31 PM

Love the forum boys!

Hell[/QUOTE]

I just though he ate cheese and corn while he fished...

TheKi 07-22-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gprime27 (Post 1019414)
I just LOOOOVE how people just jump all over someone in these forms. Granted yes there are times when people actually deserve it!

FIND OUT THE FACTS BEFORE YOUR POINT YOUR FINGER OR GIVE SOMEONE CRAP. LIFE WILL BE ALOT BETTER IF YOU DO! :snapoutofit::angry3:

they did that to my on my post lol

deanmc 07-22-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little archer_99 (Post 1020540)
they did that to my on my post lol

BURN! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

EZM 07-22-2011 10:48 PM

Is this lake still secret?

Gust 07-23-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubbdarter (Post 1020419)
Gus why cant the browns and rbt come from the Bow?

How do they get down? I don't know the irrigation canals around that way but does the dam have a spillway? I'm not trying to be righteous, I don't know,, is there a shrug emoticom?

deanmc 07-23-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GustavMahler (Post 1020921)
How do they get down? I don't know the irrigation canals around that way but does the dam have a spillway? I'm not trying to be righteous, I don't know,, is there a shrug emoticom?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...onfused005.gif

Pudelpointer 07-23-2011 01:50 PM

Any browns or bows found below the Bassano dam have come from above.

If anyone has caught a Brown or Bow from the Oldman below Lethbridge I would love to here about it. PM me!

pecker 07-24-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZM (Post 1020591)
Is this lake still secret?

if you go there now , you'll have to pick a number . :sign0161: