Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anybody have a depth map for Peerless (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=292959)

dfrobert 07-05-2016 08:22 PM

Anybody have a depth map for Peerless

Headed up this weekend. Wondering if anybody has a depth map for Peerless or Graham or both? Thanks in advance!

Talking moose 07-05-2016 08:32 PM

Man I would love to make a trip back to peerless/graham....this time I will bring a canoe as well and portage a few beaver dams and hit up hog heaven. Or can a guy get to vandersteen in the summer nowadays?

dfrobert 07-05-2016 09:38 PM

Last i heard vandersteene is ATV access only and still tough when it gets wet.

RavYak 07-05-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3270776)
Man I would love to make a trip back to peerless/graham....this time I will bring a canoe as well and portage a few beaver dams and hit up hog heaven. Or can a guy get to vandersteen in the summer nowadays?

Still have that canoe or you upgraded it yet?

Reminds me of the days of RavCanoe lol.

Talking moose 07-05-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavYak (Post 3270851)
Still have that canoe or you upgraded it yet?

Reminds me of the days of RavCanoe lol.

That canoe lives in entwhistle. I gave it to my ex's son. I imagine he beat it up pretty good on the pembina by now. I got a 17 ft square stern now for a canoe. She don't maneuver like yours does but with the 2 horse it sure cruises....

Talking moose 07-05-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfrobert (Post 3270843)
Last i heard vandersteene is ATV access only and still tough when it gets wet.

Good. I like lakes that are tuff to get into. I got no map of the lakes but good luck on your trip.

Sooner 07-05-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3270776)

Spent a few May long weekends camping at the horse pasture & fishing those two lakes. Good times, great fishing, only one to be skunked every time at Peerless. Did catch a monster Burbot in Peerless. It was dead and I snagged it of the bottom lol.

Vandersteen was always a wanna try lake but have never been.

burbotman 07-06-2016 06:15 AM

OP you should be able to find it on anglersatlas.com

dfrobert 07-06-2016 11:53 PM

No sir.

Asillywalrus 07-09-2016 09:26 PM

I have seen one in a depth map book purchased at The Fishing hole. I was there this may long weekend and we boated 4 walleye over 30" in one day as well as a 43.5 inch pike! Great weekend for sure. Lake trout weren't biting though.