Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AOF Hardwater Gathering v2.0 - Edmonton Area (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=47735)

Geezle 12-15-2009 07:58 AM

AOF Hardwater Gathering v2.0 - Edmonton Area

Ok folks, we need to get a gathering going on up in this neck of the woods. I know we've got some new members in the area who are itching to get out and meet some fellow fisherpeople and this would be a great way to do it.

Right now my schedule is as erratic as ever, but I can for sure free myself up on Monday, Dec 28 if some of you can make that work as well?

Right now it's just a tentative idea with very little actual planning put into it. I don't really know the lakes out here, so if anybody has suggestions as to where we can do this where everybody has a reasonable chance of getting at least a fish or two that would be awesome.

So what do you guys say...can we make this happen? :wave:

pikehunter1989 12-15-2009 09:10 AM

im game on for december 28th..just dont have very much for supplies..4 rods and tackle is about all i have..but id be game forsure if i can either get ahold of a auger or tag along out there with someone..im not terribly familiar with the lakes around here through but if at that point the lakes are good to drive on than i know of a couplke decent places on long lake and half moon

viral_override 12-15-2009 10:22 AM

yup I m in for sure...I call in sick

Im in! I m buying a auger as we speak and if anyone is cold, they can use my manual auger...lol

viral_override 12-15-2009 10:24 AM

Im going to hit up Pigeon Lake this weekend if your game too

pikehunter1989 12-15-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viral_override@hotmail.co (Post 457410)
Im going to hit up Pigeon Lake this weekend if your game too

was that towards me or geezle?

viral_override 12-15-2009 02:24 PM

Open to all...!More the merrier I say...lets freeze our arsses off together. I have a different spot I go to at the Pigeon that has 0 people too!

pikehunter1989 12-15-2009 02:27 PM

haha well what day are you going there? and what time you figure?
and like i said i dont have a auger or anything but this weekend is supposed to be really nice..what do you usually attack at pigeon?

mooseknuckle 12-15-2009 02:57 PM

get together

Monday the 28th marked on the calander. I'm in. I'd do chickakoo again or justa suggestion a PIKE OFF at wabamun.

troutpirate 12-15-2009 03:01 PM

sounds good, millers lake has been fishing well and would be a good place for a gathering.

redneck posse 12-15-2009 03:16 PM

im in and i have a few rod and some tackle plus a auger and tent. how are the trout and perch at hasse?

The Fisherman Guy 12-15-2009 03:24 PM

You software developers and your versioning. I should've known you would incorporate that into a Hardwater Fishing Trip. v2.0..... Geezlediesel, you crack me up!!!

Can't make it up there this time, but if I am available for the next one, I'm in.

Have fun out there, and happy holidays folks.

huntinstuff 12-15-2009 03:44 PM

I have a power auger and a new Frabill lodge Im wanting to try out.....keep us posted as to where and when etc. I could probably make it.

Quad ok to bring???? Lic and insurance on it......:wave:

mooseknuckle 12-15-2009 03:49 PM

Having met Geezle I can say he's an inpartial honest guy Jay I say every lake suggetion you get throw into a hat say a weeks time before in order to settle that issue?

Geezle 12-15-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck posse (Post 457604)
im in and i have a few rod and some tackle plus a auger and tent. how are the trout and perch at hasse?

Lotta perch up there?

I like the idea of Wab for something a little bigger as well...either way as long as somebody hopefully knows of a decent spot on either where everybody should have a good crack catching something it's all good :) What about somewhere we could get into some night fishing as well?

Sounds like there's a good amount of interest so let's make this thing happen! We'll keep the suggestions coming for a location and maybe solidify that in the next couple days?

I've just got my personal gear and a hand auger. Seems quite a few of us have at least that much, and a couple guys have gas ones so we should be laughing as far as punching holes in the ice goes :)

Geezle 12-15-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle (Post 457638)
Having met Geezle I can say he's an inpartial honest guy Jay I say every lake suggetion you get throw into a hat say a weeks time before in order to settle that issue?

That could be an option :)

We'll see how things go in this thread over the next couple days...say if we get some members bringing kids out, we may want to go somewhere they could get a bunch of little perch or something.

Gotta roll with it :)

Geezle 12-15-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy (Post 457617)
You software developers and your versioning. I should've known you would incorporate that into a Hardwater Fishing Trip. v2.0..... Geezlediesel, you crack me up!!!

Can't make it up there this time, but if I am available for the next one, I'm in.

Have fun out there, and happy holidays folks.

What can I say...old habits die hard! :lol:

And I'm sure we'll be having another gathering soon so you can come up for a visit! :wave:

ghostguy6 12-15-2009 05:10 PM

If Im not working Ill be in.

Kevin C. 12-15-2009 09:29 PM

Would be cool to meet those that make it out. I am in pending location choice. AS Troutpirate mentioned there are some good trout lakes this way fishing well.

Geezle 12-15-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin C. (Post 457943)
Would be cool to meet those that make it out. I am in pending location choice. AS Troutpirate mentioned there are some good trout lakes this way fishing well.

Oops, I completely missed TP's post!

Millers is a fair drive from Edmonton...according to Google Maps about 2 1/2 hours. I may be up for the drive, but I'm not sure about others.

So that brings up the topic, how far is everybody willing to drive for this endeavor?

Geezle 12-15-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 457691)
If Im not working Ill be in.

Well try to get the day off dammit! :wave:

Kevin C. 12-15-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezle (Post 457968)
Oops, I completely missed TP's post!

Millers is a fair drive from Edmonton...according to Google Maps about 2 1/2 hours. I may be up for the drive, but I'm not sure about others.

So that brings up the topic, how far is everybody willing to drive for this endeavor?

I was kinda thinkin that myself, would be easier for a couple of us to drive down there than for all you to come here, but I guess it all depends what everyone wants.

mooseknuckle 12-15-2009 09:58 PM

2 1/2 hours would pretty much be my limit for a day trip but hey I'd still be in. Maybe a few of us could car pool? We should start a pole maybe based on species first say Trout, Pike, walleye and perch. From there we could narrow down which lakes in our area would be on " the list " so to speak.

troutpirate 12-15-2009 10:10 PM

yup, whatever works best for everyone is good enough for me. we got a while to get everyones input. i just thought i would throw the idea out there, as millers lake is a nice spot with rainbows up to about 5lbs and the browns they stocked in 2009 are already averaging about 14".

should be a fun time regardless of loaction:wave:

ghostguy6 12-15-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezle (Post 457970)
Well try to get the day off dammit! :wave:

Ill try, that week we're doing half on half off. So far there is no squedual.

I think Hasse has a pretty good selection of fish and its pretty close to edmonton.

Geezle 12-16-2009 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troutpirate (Post 457985)
yup, whatever works best for everyone is good enough for me. we got a while to get everyones input. i just thought i would throw the idea out there, as millers lake is a nice spot with rainbows up to about 5lbs and the browns they stocked in 2009 are already averaging about 14".

should be a fun time regardless of loaction:wave:

Yep, I'm kinda glad now that we started this idea well ahead of time so we're not rushing to sort out the details :)

And one way or another I myself will at least make it down that way for a visit before the end of the season :wave:

Geezle 12-16-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 457988)
Ill try, that week we're doing half on half off. So far there is no squedual.

I think Hasse has a pretty good selection of fish and its pretty close to edmonton.

Ok I gotcha...stupid work!

Hopefully you're not working and can make it...and if not then we'll just have to have ourselves another smaller outing :)

Dougie55 12-16-2009 04:27 PM

Hey Guys I am in for the 28th. There are a bunch of pot hole lakes we could do close to Edm. that wouldn't need us to drive on. Haven't heard much about the bigger lakes.. Was hoping some of the perch type lakes would be OK, but looks like they took a pretty bad summer kill this year.
I have a 6 inch auger with a drill attachment if needed, and can bring a bunch of extra rods, reels, hooks, etc, if someone wants to try the sport out. Even have a new three person fold over clam type tent.
If you find a spot and decide what you want to do..let me know..
Doug

thorne 12-16-2009 05:44 PM

I am in in for sure, don't really care where, but if is is a meet up, usually better to keep in close and local, heck even devils lake, just a place to set up camp, poke some holes and get to know people, if there are, then great, if not then what ever, we had fun! I am partial to wabamun since there are lots of fish, close to the city and there is always that chance a hog will show. Logistics will follow, and I can transport and equip at least 2 guys as well...

theycallmeNoah 12-16-2009 07:04 PM

We're in

JPOHLIC and I are in depending on location. Is this going to be a kid friendly event? Our kids love to fish but we can always farm them out for the day if we have to.

Geezle 12-17-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorne (Post 458539)
I am in in for sure, don't really care where, but if is is a meet up, usually better to keep in close and local, heck even devils lake, just a place to set up camp, poke some holes and get to know people, if there are, then great, if not then what ever, we had fun! I am partial to wabamun since there are lots of fish, close to the city and there is always that chance a hog will show. Logistics will follow, and I can transport and equip at least 2 guys as well...

What's in Devil's lake?

And are there burbs in Wabamun? I wouldn't mind making a big day of it...get out early and stay reasonably late if there are at least a couple others in the group willing to hang out later :)