Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   helpfull place the Reel Docter (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=49886)

redneck posse 01-13-2010 03:12 PM

helpfull place the Reel Docter

been having a problem with my fish tv, not getting a pic on the screen when its down the hole, so i took it into the Reel docter. he explained to me why the camera was not putting a pic out and how to set it up so it would work.

he could of taken my camera in set it aside and gave me a call in a couple days and charged me for repairs and i wouldn't have had a clue(be nice honda) but he didn't. and in this day and age speaks volumes about a guy.

he has a good supply of extras for your icefishing cameras too. bought a nice case to put my camera in and i'm going back friday for a few more little extras. had a nice auger too that may find its way home with me next month..:lol:

JohninAB 01-13-2010 03:46 PM

That is good to know. Have a couple of Shimano baitcasters needing repair. Will drop them off there next time in Edmonton.

Marlin07 01-13-2010 03:51 PM

Broke the bail off a 300 dollar real and he fixed it for 11 bucks, I cant say enough good about that shop!

bukwild 01-13-2010 04:01 PM

Best little shop in town

These guys got me into flyfishing and have been nuthin but helpfull, honest and all round good guys I recommend them to everyone.

nicemustang 01-13-2010 04:02 PM

Yes the reel doctor is top shelf. Good service.

doublehaul 01-13-2010 04:08 PM

X2 Yea, good guys!

Cal 01-13-2010 04:16 PM

I think I was about 12 or 13 when that place first opened and I remember that the guy who owned it was buying used reels for parts. I grew up well under the poverty line and my parents werent very supportive of my outdoors enthusiasim so my fishing gear was pretty junky. I had a box full of absolute garbage reels that I had been canabalizing to try and keep a working reel on my rod and and it just wasnt happening. I called him up and told him I had some busted reels for him and I needed some money for a new reel. That guy drove all the way out to Millet on a sunday night, asked me how much I needed and then gave me 40 bucks so I could get a new reel even though the box of reels was probably worth less than what he spent on gas driving there. I'll never forget that, heck of a guy.

bbbhunter 01-13-2010 05:33 PM

Broke the tip off my TFO flyrod..drove to every outdoor shop I could find....wasted half a day ....I live out of town...going from place to place....called them all from my cell and was told ya we carry them...oops no we don`t....and none carried the eyelet....except..the reel doctor...he had the tip repaired in about 5min and charged me a grand total of three bucks..That place is now my first stop...period

redneck posse 01-14-2010 11:48 AM

nice to see that a bunch of guys agree. wish i would of went in there sooner.

ULTRAlite 01-14-2010 12:40 PM

Sounds like a hell of a guy... just Edmonton?

Heron 01-14-2010 01:29 PM

Does he sell rod building supplies? I usually get mine from the internet but would like to support a local business.

redneck posse 01-14-2010 01:38 PM

not to sure if he does u can phone him at 780-431-0146 adress 8732-51ave

dfrobert 01-14-2010 05:27 PM

Reel Doctor = Good Stuff....and good price. I recommend any reel problems that you go there.

Fixed my Shimano Symetre as well as my Pflueger Trion. I