Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New members....buy and sell (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=205303)

Lefty-Canuck 01-11-2014 10:00 AM

New members....buy and sell

Funny how some new folks who want into the buy and sell spam threads to hit 20-30 more posts as fast as they can to sell something....I assume that's what "raiderfan" is trying to accomplish :)

An introduction plus meaningful contributions goes a long way :)

Just sayin....

LC

troutbug 01-11-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2278341)
Funny how some new folks who want into the buy and sell spam threads to hit 20-30 more posts as fast as they can to sell something....I assume that's what "raiderfan" is trying to accomplish :)

An introduction plus meaningful contributions goes a long way :)

Just sayin....

LC

When I posted looking for a shotgun I had many people with 30 posts PM me with minimal information except for *I have this gun, no pics and take emt*

Hooter 01-11-2014 10:11 AM

Unfortunately scammers will always find a way to get what they want. More laws don't make for less criminals…..

Geezle 01-11-2014 10:24 AM

It's funny 'cause it's true! :lol:

Wonder how long til somebody posts defending him? :thinking-006:

Geezle 01-11-2014 10:25 AM

This post in the wing thread first got my attention about it actually.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showp...postcount=1868

omega50 01-11-2014 10:28 AM

Re-establishing a rapid post count after a visit to Banned Camp perhaps

Maxpower 01-11-2014 10:31 AM

I haven't been here very long, however, ive been on other boards a long time and done plenty of online bussness. ive been trying for days now to buy something from a fellow here in the buy and sell. total lack of communications, its like pulling teeth. buyer beware I guess as the old saying goes.

Lefty-Canuck 01-11-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpower (Post 2278386)
I haven't been here very long, however, ive been on other boards a long time and done plenty of online bussness. ive been trying for days now to buy something from a fellow here in the buy and sell. total lack of communications, its like pulling teeth. buyer beware I guess as the old saying goes.

He might be looking at your join date and number of posts...you are likely a legit buyer but some scammers here were selling items they never possessed and some folks lost some cash, hence the new rules...and caution from members...

LC

troutbug 01-11-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2278390)
He might be looking at your join date and number of posts...you are likely a legit buyer but some scammers here were selling items they never possessed and some folks lost some cash, hence the new rules...and caution from members...

LC

kind of like the guys contacting me me...30 posts or whatever and no pictures or info on the firearm they want to sell me.

ya...all over that bahaha

Geezle 01-11-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpower (Post 2278386)

If there's a lack of communication it has everything to do with the seller and not the forum rules. If he's not replying to your PM's he'd likely not be replying to posts in the ad either.

Just sayin' :)

I've bought a handful of items from forum members over the past few years and all has gone well.

Winch101 01-11-2014 10:41 AM

Not deleted or marked sold

There is a problem with members not checking their ads
Or putting sold on the item ....

They post it ,it sells and they forget about it .....Ads should have

A life span .....then auto magically off ....

elkhunter11 01-11-2014 10:41 AM

The moderators have done a good job of disposing of the few morons that started their own thread, then posted 20 nonsense posts on that thread, as fast as they could post them, just to qualify for the buy&sell.

Lefty-Canuck 01-11-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winch101 (Post 2278399)
There is a problem with members not checking their ads
Or putting sold on the item ....

They post it ,it sells and they forget about it .....Ads should have

A life span .....then auto magically off ....

Thanks for the reminder! I have something I need to mark *sold*.

LC

Pixel Shooter 01-11-2014 10:58 AM

Something or several things or boat load of things ;) naughty naughty lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2278402)
Thanks for the reminder! I have something I need to mark *sold*.

LC

Lefty-Canuck 01-11-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter (Post 2278429)
Something or several things or boat load of things ;) naughty naughty lol

In my defence....all but one were marked sold....but the mods hadn't removed them yet :scared:

LC :)

Pixel Shooter 01-11-2014 11:12 AM

Its hard to find good help :sHa_sarcasticlol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2278430)
In my defence....all but one were marked sold....but the mods hadn't removed them yet :scared:

Geezle 01-11-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2278430)

When I need to get rid of an ad I just report it and ask them to delete it, then ol Pixel doesn't have to sort through to find the 'marked' ones :)

Pixel Shooter 01-11-2014 11:23 AM

appreciated :)

its very painful when marked sold in the thread vs marking sold in title.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezle (Post 2278454)
When I need to get rid of an ad I just report it and ask them to delete it, then ol Pixel doesn't have to sort through to find the 'marked' ones :)

Lefty-Canuck 01-11-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezle (Post 2278454)

Good point! I figure enough of my posts are reported let alone me reporting myself!

LC

Pikes"R"us 01-11-2014 11:47 AM

Dooped!

Unfortunately, this happens all the time. When people get excited because they have finally found what they've been searching for and get dooped because they didn't do all of the due diligence... Happened to me a little while ago on here & to a guy that I ended up talking with for a while after the whole thing went down.. Learned a lesson and in the end it's only money.. The mods do a great job at watching and keeping things as safe as they can. But in the end it will always be up to us to watch out. I wounder how many Kijiji transactions this happens too? I know we hear about the scary ones from time to time, but I wonder about all the petty ones... Thanks again mods!

Geezle 01-11-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 2278467)
Good point! I figure enough of my posts are reported let alone me reporting myself!

LC

That's another story for another day! :fighting0074:

Hooter 01-11-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter (Post 2278447)
Its hard to find good help :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I like Pixel. A little sense of humour goes a long way. I like it!!!

gneigum 01-11-2014 07:57 PM

Been here a while, don't post or comment much but do enjoy most of what I read. I have bought a few items from here & have had good results with everyone I have dealt with, some of them a couple times. If someone that I was trying to make a purchase from was looking at my profile, it might raise a few flags. Just saying.

pickrel pat 01-11-2014 08:12 PM

If i was a chick, i would try to marry kannonfoder. But im not.....so ill just marry a hot chick......omg!!!! Good night!!!!

Lefty-Canuck 01-11-2014 09:08 PM

....any guess as to post 31? :)

All good I just find it comical :)

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=2279353

Original reason I joined here was for the buy and sell too...that was before the new rules. I likely might have done the same thing :)

LC

Big Racks 01-11-2014 09:21 PM

Even when guys aren't out to rip someone off I still have to shake my head at the utter lack of common courtesy and respect sometimes. Case in point, I came off a midnight shift a few days ago and before hitting the sack I checked the EE, you never know what might pop up in them morning (keep telling my wife this too, she just don't listen). Anyways, a fellow had a couple boxes of ammo for sale locally. I replied immediately that I'd take it and could pick up at his convenience. After leaving the ad, I checked and saw that I was the first view of the ad. Right on!! Never heard a peep back, but noticed the next day he was selling some different ammo and mentioned the other stuff he had listed was sold. I PM'd again and politely asked if I was the lucky buyer, as I saw it had been sold and thought I was the first responder. Not accusing at all, and he can sell to whomever he pleases I guess, but a reply would have been nice although I didn't say this. No reply to that PM either. I've made note of the member and won't bother gracing him with future deals, nor do I plan on responding to any messages should they arrive.

I guess you expect if you treat others a certain way, then that's the way you'll be treated. For the most part it holds true, heck I've even been treated BETTER than I treat others and came away thinking I need to step up my game :(.

Funny you bring this up LC, now I'm going to be on the look-out while before I never even noticed, lol.

Burglecut83 01-11-2014 09:29 PM

Yes, Just have a sip of rum and shake your head. Some people

1000yards 01-11-2014 09:32 PM

I've asked for a pic to be emailed to me with my username written on a piece of paper in it from new members before, one snapped it with his cell and was good to go, paid him ten minutes later, yet another sent me the same picture from the ad and said he'd take ten percent off if I paid in money order, sp that was just a no go for me.

Alberta Bigbore 01-11-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Racks (Post 2279382)
Even when guys aren't out to rip someone off I still have to shake my head at the utter lack of common courtesy and respect sometimes. Case in point, I came off a midnight shift a few days ago and before hitting the sack I checked the EE, you never know what might pop up in them morning (keep telling my wife this too, she just don't listen). Anyways, a fellow had a couple boxes of ammo for sale locally. I replied immediately that I'd take it and could pick up at his convenience. After leaving the ad, I checked and saw that I was the first view of the ad. Right on!! Never heard a peep back, but noticed the next day he was selling some different ammo and mentioned the other stuff he had listed was sold. I PM'd again and politely asked if I was the lucky buyer, as I saw it had been sold and thought I was the first responder. Not accusing at all, and he can sell to whomever he pleases I guess, but a reply would have been nice although I didn't say this. No reply to that PM either. I've made note of the member and won't bother gracing him with future deals, nor do I plan on responding to any messages should they arrive.

I guess you expect if you treat others a certain way, then that's the way you'll be treated. For the most part it holds true, heck I've even been treated BETTER than I treat others and came away thinking I need to step up my game :(.

Funny you bring this up LC, now I'm going to be on the look-out while before I never even noticed, lol.

ya there is a few rotten ones on here in that Buy and Sell. :thinking-006::)

Big Racks 01-11-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 2279507)
ya there is a few rotten ones on here in that Buy and Sell. :thinking-006::)

Well, I don't know about rotten :sHa_sarcasticlol:, but definitely lacking in common courtesies.