Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Lost? I Found a FlyRod (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=369913)

Fourweight 09-24-2019 12:28 PM

Lost? I Found a FlyRod

Muir Lake Sunday Sept 22/19
Found a FlyRod leaning against my truck, no vehicles within 50' of mine, one can only assume you leaned it there while putting something else in your vehicle.
I will check this posting for replies periodically and we'll work from there.
Naturally you'll be required to answer some very specific questions, so please don't waste both of our time if it's not possibly yours.

Scott N 09-24-2019 01:59 PM

I never heard of The Fly Rod Fairy before, but it seems like you may have had a visit from one lol.

Seriously though, good on you for trying to find it's proper owner.

Mr Flyguy 09-24-2019 02:24 PM

Good for you, I hope the owner connects up.

Muir Lake seems to be a mecca for lost fly rods. I hauled one out off the water years ago on opening day and eventually got it back to the owner.

I have another story about a lost fly in Muir but the finder (we know who it is) never returned it.

BTW, was Muir any good on Sunday? (PM me if you prefer) It was a beautiful day but I had other obligations.

Fourweight 09-24-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy (Post 4030577)
Good for you, I hope the owner connects up.

Muir Lake seems to be a mecca for lost fly rods. I hauled one out off the water years ago on opening day and eventually got it back to the owner.

I have another story about a lost fly in Muir but the finder (we know who it is) never returned it.

BTW, was Muir any good on Sunday? (PM me if you prefer) It was a beautiful day but I had other obligations.

It was very slow, unfortunately. I was hoping for a boatman hatch, which seemed to be occurring on a minor scale, but none of the eight or so colours, sizes and techniques produced even a bit of interest. Water surface temp was 17.5C, so my excuse will be that it’s still to warm. 😜

pipco 09-26-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourweight (Post 4030618)
It was very slow, unfortunately. I was hoping for a boatman hatch, which seemed to be occurring on a minor scale, but none of the eight or so colours, sizes and techniques produced even a bit of interest. Water surface temp was 17.5C, so my excuse will be that it’s still to warm. 😜

Good on you for trying to find owner of fly rod.

If it makes you feel any better the boatman/backswimmer activity was decent at Spring Lake on Sunday but the fishes were extremely selective.

It seems I did not have the exact right fly.

A few to the net to keep it interesting. It was not a stellar day by any means though it was great to be on the lake and the weather was beautiful.

Water temps will definitely be cooling down now. :)