Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Best Adjustable Bow Sight (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=341359)

501s 03-18-2018 11:52 AM

Best Adjustable Bow Sight

I have decided to invest in a new bow site and have narrowed it down to 3 pin adjustable sights. I currently have a decent trophy ridge, but I am looking for something I can shoot out to 100yards. Now of course I never plan to hunt at that range, I would likely never shoot a deer outside of about 40 yards, but just for practicing and fun, I'd like the ability to shoot further. I also have a 100yard range setup in my yard I would like to be able to take advantage of.

I'm looking at Black Gold, Tru-Glow, Spot Hog, etc.. but finding real world experience isn't all that easy. Any advice or experience people can offer up would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Pasc43 03-18-2018 11:58 AM

Can't go wrong with either MBG Ascent or CBE Tek Hybrid Pro.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Slicktricker 03-18-2018 05:14 PM

I'm loving my black gold switched from spot hog and do not miss it

501s 03-22-2018 11:55 AM

I’m leaning towards a Black Gold but I’d appreciate some other opinions.

Do you find the adjustable sights to be durable? Also do you find them bulky at all?

Kurt505 03-22-2018 12:26 PM

I've never owned a black gold but I really like my Hogg Father double pin and my HHA King Pin TE. The King Pin is just a single pin but it's brighter than the Spot Hogg. They are expensive but they are also built to last a lifetime and have the warranty to back it. I go through lots of different bows but I keep my sights.

Coiloil37 03-22-2018 02:02 PM

Archery can be complicated. Bow sights are easy. Buy whichever Spot Hogg you think suits you best. If you can’t find a Spot Hogg you want, change your opinion of what you need in a sight.

Morbius131 03-22-2018 06:24 PM

My opinion

If you were going to buy an adjustable sight go sport Hogg or MBg. Personally I have a Black Gold Ascent Verdict. I really like it. Super bright pins, fairly light, fantastic warranty and customer service (which any high end product should have). It is a little more affordable than the sport Hogg so if that is a concern, that may help in your decision. It is also fully customizable when you order. I have absolutely no complaints about my MBG and it basically came down to a coin flip with the sport Hogg. Honestly if you buy a high end sight you are going to be happy with it, the companies wouldn’t be in business if they made garbage as archers are a very pick and particular bunch of people.

Morb

Andrew_Arsenault 03-22-2018 07:03 PM

Black gold ascent verdict. I own one and switch between the 5 pin housing and the single pin.

501s 03-22-2018 10:51 PM

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I am thinking the BG Ascent.