Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Un freaking believable (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=358043)

lead chucker 01-19-2019 09:20 PM

Un freaking believable

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle33987610/

Ken07AOVette 01-19-2019 09:25 PM

Canada needs the death penalty

buckbrush 01-19-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 3915263)
Canada needs the death penalty

X2

With an express lane for people like this.

Bigwoodsman 01-19-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckbrush (Post 3915270)
x2

with an express lane for people like this.

x3

bw

Trochu 01-19-2019 09:44 PM

Didn't this happen two years ago?

BuckCuller 01-19-2019 09:46 PM

Five little words.

God made me do it.

We are just lucky he didn’t cost us tax payers another 10 million.

Another sad day to be Canadian.

CaberTosser 01-19-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochu (Post 3915282)

That was supervised release or something where he still had some semblance of oversight. Now he's just some missed meds away from taking another ride on the guillotine express. Dude should have swung from a public gallows already. Some things just aren't worth trying to fix....

When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be this, where the offender is obviously similarly insane. The pic of it sure looks like he's eyeballing a gender transition:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-serve-...172746706.html

grouse_hunter 01-19-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochu (Post 3915282)

Lol. The article is even dated 2017

jungleboy 01-19-2019 09:52 PM

THE CANADIAN PRESS
PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 10, 2017
UPDATED APRIL 14, 2017
A schizophrenic man who was found not criminally responsible for beheading and cannibalizing a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus was granted an absolute discharge Friday.

That means he will no longer be subject to any conditions or monitoring to ensure he takes his medication....

buckbrush 01-19-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 3915288)
That was supervised release or something where he still had some semblance of oversight. Now he's just some missed meds away from taking another ride on the guillotine express. Dude should have swung from a public gallows already. Some things just aren't worth trying to fix....

That's just it. What is stopping this from happening again besides meds? Didn't this happen because he stopped taking his meds??

I really feel bad for the family of the victim. No justice.

Shake my head.

jungleboy 01-19-2019 09:57 PM

:shark:

lead chucker 01-19-2019 09:57 PM

I guess this is the road were headed in this country :angry3:

warriorboy10 01-19-2019 09:57 PM

Ah naaa!! Never even watched, just give em a few million $$!!

CaberTosser 01-19-2019 09:59 PM

I can guarantee that he's not sane, because if a sane person who had no dependants truly comprehended that they had committed such a vile act as what Vince Li did, they'd kill themselves out of guilt.

lead chucker 01-19-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 3915307)
I can guarantee that he's not sane, because if a sane person who had no dependants truly comprehended that they had committed such a vile act as what Vince Li did, they'd kill themselves out of guilt.

I bet not, hes probably living better that the average taxpaying , hard working , law abiding citizen. This just shocks me that we've come to this.

tri777 01-19-2019 10:39 PM

Vince,

He walks free because big pharma said so.
How reassuring.

barbless 01-20-2019 07:54 AM

Send that POS to the gallows and I would be more than happy to pull the lever, pull the trigger, push the button, I would even use the big ax and put him on the chopping block. Screw all those bleeding heart people. Would save us all lots of money by putting them in a pine box and 6 feet under.

BUSHRVN 01-20-2019 08:13 AM

If he "falls off the wagon" again, all those involved in the decision to let him go totally free should also be put on the block and terminated by the survivors of the next victims family.

1899b 01-20-2019 08:16 AM

My cousin was a schizophrenic. I can relate to what this disease can do. He never asked for that disease. He’s dead now..

Masterchief 01-20-2019 08:23 AM

I don't believe he is an evil person, nor did he know what he was doing

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

35 whelen 01-20-2019 08:32 AM

Same thing for the guy that killed those camp workers in fox creek ,but he is in a psychiatric ward for now,

troutbug 01-20-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterchief (Post 3915454)

Cool he can come live with you!

CaberTosser 01-20-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

That may well be the case, but I think it’s the significant consensus that he should not be walking free after having demonstrated what he is capable of when he has an episode. He’s presently a walking experiment for the psychiatric and pharmaceutical communities, who will bear absolutely zero consequence if their experiment fails and he re-offends.

Imagine how this rubs the surviving friends and family of his victim.

tri777 01-20-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

I do not believe for one second Bears that kill/eat humans
are evil, but we still put them down for same said behaviours.
When people kinds act as animal kinds, just kindly remove from planet.
The result is a better, more evolved common sense way to be.

Bushrat 01-20-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

That's not the point. Point is whether he did or didn't know what he was doing fact is he did it and has established a track record that he is fully capable of doing it again. He very well could be a ticking time bomb. What if over time his mental condition worsens and his meds become ineffective or quits using them.

Zip 01-20-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushrat (Post 3915566)
That's not the point. Point is whether he did or didn't know what he was doing fact is he did it and has established a track record that he is fully capable of doing it again. He very well could be a ticking time bomb. What if over time his mental condition worsens and his meds become ineffective or quits using them.

The sad part of your post is that your last line could come true more so than not.. it’s how meds work, enough is not always enough, sad world!
Zip

ETOWNCANUCK 01-20-2019 11:05 AM

If only the public didn’t get upset every time a cop shoots and kills someone.

colroggal 01-20-2019 11:09 AM

Having had some experience with schizophrenics, I can say most still need watching even when their committed to their meds and are balanced. The medication requirements can shift over time and what worked last week may not work next week. And it's not like taking the pill - if you miss one it is a big deal.

It's not like making the perfect Manhattan.

Executing people like this may be the 'kindest' thing. But studying the disease may lead to a more permanent solution. Most schizophrenics are harmless. The worst they do is get a little verbally abusive and may not shower or remember to take the trash out. Then there are guys like this.

Should they all be locked up? No. But those that show violent tendencies should never be free to roam.

Colin

BuckCuller 01-20-2019 11:26 AM

Need laws rewritten.

There should be a law stating that any professional that clears someone that has committed and has been convicted of a heinous murder or rape to return to public life even though they have been found to be criminally insane should be held liable for a prison sentence no less than three and up to the maximum of ten years in a federal prison if the released individual commits the same or similar offence under this statute.

robson3954 01-20-2019 12:40 PM

To the people that want him executed or locked up forever - if you have a heart attack or a seizure when you’re driving and you plow over a bunch of kids, should we execute you?

That said I don’t agree with full independence in somebody who’s mental health leads to those extremes. They should still have monthly mandatory check-ups.