Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Youth Arrows (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=427791)

KBF 12-18-2023 09:54 PM

Youth Arrows

Archery has started up in our community for the winter thanks to the Southern Alberta Bowhunters Association. My 3 kids age 11 and 14 have all taken to the sport. Shooting has improved but there’s still some wayward arrows out there. They are currently shooting some arrows we bought from Princess Auto. They been good but they are starting to show so failures. What is an economical arrow yet strong and durable for some abuse. I understand all arrows should be checked for stressing, cracking and chipping. What are some recommendations ? Safety is on the forefront of my mind at this point

KyleSS 12-19-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBF (Post 4685206)
Archery has started up in our community for the winter thanks to the Southern Alberta Bowhunters Association. My 3 kids age 11 and 14 have all taken to the sport. Shooting has improved but there’s still some wayward arrows out there. They are currently shooting some arrows we bought from Princess Auto. They been good but they are starting to show so failures. What is an economical arrow yet strong and durable for some abuse. I understand all arrows should be checked for stressing, cracking and chipping. What are some recommendations ? Safety is on the forefront of my mind at this point

I just bought some Gold Tip Warrior arrows for my son. They come in a 600 and 700 spine. Check the Gold Tip spine chart to see if these would work for your kids based on the arrow length and poundage they are shooting

MOUNTAIN MICKEY 12-19-2023 07:06 PM

The Youth Archery side of our Rod & Gun Club use BEMAN ICS HUNTER JUNIOR arrows rated to 40 lbs. Most of our arrows are going on 12 years old now. Some have broke, some have been "repaired", but for the most part we are still in good shape. We supply all bows & arrows for the Youth Archery program. In the past 3 months the kids have killed about a thousand balloons

KBF 12-19-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MICKEY (Post 4685500)
The Youth Archery side of our Rod & Gun Club use BEMAN ICS HUNTER JUNIOR arrows rated to 40 lbs. Most of our arrows are going on 12 years old now. Some have broke, some have been "repaired", but for the most part we are still in good shape. We supply all bows & arrows for the Youth Archery program. In the past 3 months the kids have killed about a thousand balloons

Good to hear

Deer_Hunter 12-24-2023 03:42 PM

I would also recommend the Gold Tip Warrior arrows.

Reasonably priced and perform well

Keep them as long as possible so your kids draw length can grow into the arrows and you have to replace less often