Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gull lake ice and access (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=204447)

Cesox 01-04-2014 10:09 AM

Gull lake ice and access

Hey guys has anyone drove across the lake yet or does anyone know of a access point on east end of lake thanks

coors04 01-04-2014 11:29 AM

Wilson's beach is the only spot I can think of that's on the east side. I haven't been there yet but I hear its really bad because that's where a lot of snow drifts to. Not sure if anyone has made it out there yet. Sorry not much help. I can't imagine anyone is driving across the lake though also hear there's lots of pressure riges.

BlackHeart 01-04-2014 12:12 PM

With this much snow and flood water, I suspect Wilson's is tire chains this year. 2 years ago, even tire chains weren't enough, made it 300 yards and turned around as was just pushing snow with the bumper.

I'll be giving it a try in the next week or so, so I'll post more then.

fish gunner 01-04-2014 06:54 PM

Tough going , I could break trail only sections at a time , run till I started to get lifted then three or four runs to knock down the drift . Still got stuck and had to dig out once . Not fun in current conditions . Not terribly deep except drifts and the odd one is work to cross. Chains are a great plan . The conditions limit searching much so pick you spot wisely at -30 set up is a bit of work . First set of holes flooded +2" second spot we did not clear snow this helps lots . Had a poor spot today , seen one white. 75' away fellas got almost a gull super slam needed burbot for 5 species. Pack down the spot you stop on getting going again is the challenge,ime.

1 skunk :(

Mudder Man 01-05-2014 05:24 AM

Getting to be lots of snow on Gull now. Hard going as the wind is packing it in pretty good. Lots of Flood water on the north side of Brownlows. Made a bit of a Ice Cube of my 3/4 ton yesterday with the extreme cold. Carry a Scoop Shovel if you are venturing to far from Shore at Brownlows as we saw a few people shoveling yesterday. We did a lot of backing up and taking a second run in places and I had Tire Chains on.

I hear that Wilsons side is almost impossible with a Truck now as well.

Play safe everyone

MM

kinwahkly 01-05-2014 09:00 AM

On Gull now,-33 cold lots if drifts and snow

recce43 01-05-2014 11:20 AM

Raymond shores there is public access there to lake north east side

kinwahkly 01-05-2014 02:19 PM

Lots of drifts and snow, cold weather also couldn't access my spot, fished for a few hours, 2 whites and some smaller perch, called it a day and went home to watch football

Cesox 01-05-2014 02:47 PM

How's the fishing I'm back in town tomorrow haven't been on gull in a month are the whites still hangin out in about 8 FOW?

yoteblaster 01-05-2014 04:22 PM

Yesterday was the first day I Didn,t see any whitefish. Been out 10 times. Slow day yesterday. 2 pike and 1 perch in 2 hours of fishing 12 FOW