Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brooks Pheasant Derby (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=3316)

RyanGSP 01-08-2007 05:58 AM

Brooks Pheasant Derby

Brooks holds a pheasant shoot in Febuary, you enter a team, pay for birds then they hold a derby type event.

Does anyone have a link where I can find more info?

I have looking on the CPC site and google but cant find anymore info.

hunterb 01-08-2007 10:59 AM

This is held by the kinsmen club of brooks.
Sixth annual ringneck classic.
Try
www.brookskinsmen.com.
I've been there 4 out of the 6 years. Teams are from all over North America.It a good time.

CPC 01-08-2007 02:38 PM

CPC

I don't know how Id feel about hunting/eating CPC birds..... they were recently in quarantine for the how manyth time?

RyanGSP 01-08-2007 02:45 PM

Re: CPC

Hey Brooksrcmp could you email me the details? ryan_doolittle@hotmail.com

shorthair 01-09-2007 10:05 AM

Re: Pheasant Derby

I think it will be hard to get a team in. I think most teams are prepaying to gaurantee a spot for the next year so you would have to get your name on a waiting list I believe? Do you want me to email you pics when I get home??;) :lol

RyanGSP 01-09-2007 11:05 AM

Is it right full already?

shorthair 01-09-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

I don't know how Id feel about hunting/eating CPC birds..... they were recently in quarantine for the how manyth time?
The CPC ships a lot of birds to the USA and every bird is Vet checked and quarantined. You might want to get your facts straight before posting BS Brooksrcmp!!!

Yet another reason this board needs to go register only!!!

RyanGSP, I am positive the only option now is a waiting list.

RyanGSP 01-09-2007 01:24 PM

Hmm maybe we will just do a shoot one weekend then. Do they still have birds available or they keeping the rest for next year?

shorthair 01-09-2007 02:42 PM

I think they like to have all there release birds cleaned up by the end of this month. If you are planning to try and get out for a shoot I believe its $20.00/bird and they want you to book a minimum of 20 birds.

Canmoron 01-09-2007 08:59 PM

RyanGSP,

I don't know what they do with left-over @#%$ birds, but they sure don't 'save' them for the next year. They keep a few breeders, but they don't want too many cocks on hand when breeding season rolls around or they'll tear each other apart.

I've shot birds from CPC in Brooks and always found them good to deal with.

Andrew

fact 01-11-2007 01:57 PM

fact

Its a fact that the entire compound was quarantined recently, maybe YOU should research YOUR facts a lil more before opening your mouth!

shorthair 01-11-2007 04:28 PM

Re: fact

I do KNOW my FACTS. I KNOW for a FACT that the hatchery has never been quarantined in the last 4 years. They did have a 3 day preventative quarantine recently as they had a couple sick birds they had tested which came back negative. It for sure was not the "manyth time" as you say!!!

Brooksrcmp, you aren't aka THE whitetailer who recently just got fired from the hatchery and trying to stir up @#$% are you????:eek

shorthair 01-11-2007 05:32 PM

RyanGSP, I found out there might be a couple spots open for the derby due to cancellations. They could be filled already so you might want to call soon if you want in.

RyanGSP 01-12-2007 10:23 AM

Whens the best time to call in?

RyanGSP 01-12-2007 10:32 AM

shorthair dont get all riled up thats all he wants. Let it be and hope the mods lock this place up to registered users only.

Check your PM box as well.

MKD 02-19-2008 05:19 PM

HISTORY: The Brooks Kinsmen, the original perveyors of the Brooks Ringneck Classic were not going to run the event this year. The CPC in conjunction with the Brooks Clays & Feathers Club decided to run the event. (can you blame them 2600 birds sold?) Historically, the previous entrants got first dibbs, and will likely get to again in the future when the Kinsmen start up again. Many of the same teams may be entered, as they would have had close contact with the CPC to hear about the 2008 event.

Contact the CPC or Brooks Clays and Feathers (Rosa). I have no clue if there is still room to enter.

The Kinsmen site listed earlier will give you the basics of the history of a similar event. This year's entry fee $1800 +GST

As far as big prizes. My teams has its name on the trophy twice and we got Jackets once. Who knows this year. There has been no money for the 2nd or other placers.
The teams who bought us in a Blind Calcutta made more money than I ever have.

See you there if you enter.

Mintaka 02-21-2008 07:33 PM

cohod 02-22-2008 07:14 AM

should be a great day in brooks today...good luck to all those that are entered I've been trying to get in on this for the last 5 years with no luck

shorthair... send some pics my way when you get back

cohod

zimmss64 12-11-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohod (Post 115303)
should be a great day in brooks today...good luck to all those that are entered I've been trying to get in on this for the last 5 years with no luck

shorthair... send some pics my way when you get back

cohod

Stumbled across this sight. Have been at the Brooks derby three years now. After all the hunting is over there is not much else to forward to. Good luck trying to get on or entering a team. It is must to participate in. If you are looking for pictures Google "picasa" Featherquest. There will pics of the Stavely Derby and Brooks.

catnthehat 12-11-2008 06:40 PM

One of my friends went down last year and had a very good time.
there is a calcutta as well, and on CGN one of the members said the year his team won, the team that had their calcutta won more money than they did!:lol:
That can happen often.

My friend originally invited me down this year on the team, but I don't think I would enjoy it as much as a trap shoot, sort of like a walleye competition .
I would have more fun watching it than participating.

it would be very enjoyable to watch however.....
Cat