Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   should we support Ted Morton (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=81569)

scarey 01-28-2011 07:56 PM

should we support Ted Morton

I am interested in peoples thought re Ted Morton for premier. I know he enjoys his hunting.:thinking-006:

walking buffalo 01-28-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarey (Post 816637)
I am interested in peoples thought re Ted Morton for premier. I know he enjoys his hunting.:thinking-006:

"should we support Ted Morton?"

The only support he'll get from me is a wave goodbye from politics.

Read the Stelmach thread. ;)

ram crazy 01-28-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walking buffalo (Post 816650)
"should we support Ted Morton?"

The only support he'll get from me is a wave goodbye from politics.

Read the Stelmach thread. ;)

2X... I wouldn't support this ***** clown if he were the only one running. He likes hunting all right, THE AMERICAN STYLE of hunting.

Jims71duster 01-28-2011 08:30 PM

x3 wut a meatball

Bolete 01-28-2011 08:31 PM

No thanks. I would rather keep the right to own my own land.

kreator 01-28-2011 08:33 PM

2-3 years ago this forum would have said absolutely. Not anymore.

kodiakken 01-28-2011 08:41 PM

Morton?

Morton is tainted meat.
The PC.'s that are in the Legislature now ALL HAVE TO GO.:scared0018::scared0018:
If they don't go it will be same old same old.:angry3:

Ken:shark:

mudbug 01-28-2011 08:44 PM

Nope!

Lonnie 01-28-2011 08:51 PM

only when h@ll freezes over

209x50 01-28-2011 08:54 PM

I'm a card carrying PC and will vote for anybody but Morton in the leadership race and i encourage everyone to get a card and do the same.

1shotwade 01-28-2011 08:58 PM

I am a card carrying PC and morton , ya no way! I heard Doug Horner's hat will be in the ring he has my vote!

hayseed 01-28-2011 09:43 PM

Would love to tell Morton to spool his rags, then take his cronies with him....

Morton is NOT th answer for the next Premier, PC pulled a fast one boys, gonna be interesting.

Funny.. MPs and such in the media..." oh what a shock.. or I cant believe it, or blah, blah blah"...whatever, they are scrambling now, gonna get interesting.

See ya on the tractor sat Unsteddie Eddie!!.... where you belong!

jaylow? 01-28-2011 09:50 PM

giver hell , i hope he gets in as party leader. his election will slpit the party and the real conservatives will ditch the left leaning pc farce, heading over to wild rose where they belong. go morton go...douche bag! :lol:

220swifty 01-28-2011 09:54 PM

Why is the current provincial PC party really reminding me of the federal libs around 2002?

Redfrog 01-28-2011 10:15 PM

I'll support Mort. I'm voting WRA so i'd like to see him lead the cons.

gramps73 01-28-2011 10:34 PM

Mot can go pound sand and head back....

Nomad 01-28-2011 10:59 PM

I think he would make great leader.....of the opposition.:sHa_shakeshout:Danielle Smith will be the next Premier.

rugatika 01-28-2011 11:19 PM

doesn't really matter. The PC's in this province are the equivalent of Liberals. I would go so far as to call them a left of center party...if that means anything anymore. I'm actually quite surprised it took this long for a conservative party to get going in this province.

Morton, Stemach, whoever...doesn't really matter....they are all a bunch of mandarins that need to rejoin the real world. Just another shining example of why there should be term limits.

just_dave 01-28-2011 11:22 PM

Morton irritates the hell out of me.

RussellZ 01-28-2011 11:26 PM

Absolutely not! My vote will rest with the WRA

captain 01-28-2011 11:50 PM

morton

wra here.

great white whaler 01-29-2011 01:09 AM

Hire the person with the best resume.

SonnyJ 01-29-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great white whaler (Post 816953)
Hire the person with the best resume.

Ralph???

Mxyzptik 01-29-2011 03:57 AM

i wouldn't vote for Morton for hall monitor but I'm not sure why so many of you are so excited about the WRA. IMO these folks are nuts. My candidate for the Wild Rose is Link Byfield for chrissake and compared to him Mohamar Gadafy looks like a moderate. I'm not voting for Morton but no way am I jumping on the WRA bandwagon . These new party's always seem to attract extremist candidate's and I shudder to think what Alberta would be like under them .

Now go ahead and jump on me. I can just hear all the rhetoric about just how horrible life has been under the current government, it would be interesting to listen to what folks would have to say if anyone actually had to endure any sort of hardship.

Look around you , we are living the most pampered and affluent life of any people in the planets history and carrying on like it's some sort of purgatory.

I know and like Doug Horner and suspect he'll throw his hat in. So without knowing who else might run I'll probably support him. I was a strong supporter of Jim Dinning and know him quite well. He is extremely intelligent and I thought he had a real vision for this province but I can't imagine he'd run again.

I have seen nothing to indicate the WRA is a friend of hunters and anglers or the environment and the fringe element of many of their candidates is frightening. Be careful what you wish for.

landowner 01-29-2011 06:25 AM

If you own any property in Alberta, you would be insane to vote for Ted. His political goals need to be "extinguished".

Piker 01-29-2011 07:15 AM

Ted Morton

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!1

berjerkin 01-29-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnyj (Post 816960)
ralph???

ha ha! All hail the king!

leo 01-29-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxyzptik (Post 816972)
i wouldn't vote for Morton for hall monitor but I'm not sure why so many of you are so excited about the WRA. IMO these folks are nuts. My candidate for the Wild Rose is Link Byfield for chrissake and compared to him Mohamar Gadafy looks like a moderate. I'm not voting for Morton but no way am I jumping on the WRA bandwagon . These new party's always seem to attract extremist candidate's and I shudder to think what Alberta would be like under them .

Now go ahead and jump on me. I can just hear all the rhetoric about just how horrible life has been under the current government, it would be interesting to listen to what folks would have to say if anyone actually had to endure any sort of hardship.

Look around you , we are living the most pampered and affluent life of any people in the planets history and carrying on like it's some sort of purgatory.

I know and like Doug Horner and suspect he'll throw his hat in. So without knowing who else might run I'll probably support him. I was a strong supporter of Jim Dinning and know him quite well. He is extremely intelligent and I thought he had a real vision for this province but I can't imagine he'd run again.

I have seen nothing to indicate the WRA is a friend of hunters and anglers or the environment and the fringe element of many of their candidates is frightening. Be careful what you wish for.

X2, well said

kens 01-29-2011 08:39 AM

I don't usually read the Globe but this caught my eye, you likely know Stan a long time politician and lawyer in Drumheller. He had a big part to play in getting Klein dumped and I am very happy to read he does not support Morton whom I dislike very much!

The lunatic fringe of the old Reform people were the Morton supporters. No way he will attract Wildrose supporters because of his land use position.

Lets hope the Wildrose Alliance can attract enough experienced talent to make things happen once they get elected but not take on so many they look like the PC's remade.

I have never heard a voice in the political wasteland that is as reasoned and logical as Danielle Smith, hope we can elect them (in spite of their name!)

h ttp://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/prairies/ted-morton-and-his-phony-conservatives-look-to-rebuild/article1887305/

Redfrog 01-29-2011 08:40 AM

Did you think Link Byfield would be in charge of Alberta? like a dictator?? Isn't that what you compared him to. Whose the extremist? Or is it just smoke and mirrors. Just rhetoric. Just..words.????