Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   nuther thumbs up for Icky!! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=136234)

Shawnlh 06-06-2012 03:05 PM

nuther thumbs up for Icky!!

Got my order from Icky Fly Works today. I'm more than pleased with the bugs, shipping was super quick, prices can't be beat, and Joe even through in a few extras!

Icky=Awesomeness!!!:sSig_cool2:

BlackID 06-06-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnlh (Post 1468513)
Got my order from Icky Fly Works today. I'm more than pleased with the bugs, shipping was super quick, prices can't be beat, and Joe even through in a few extras!

How quick?? when did you order it?

Guitarplayingfish 06-06-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackID (Post 1468526)
How quick?? when did you order it?

I got my order last week... ordered on a Friday, recieved on Tuesday.

I can't wait to go try them out! GREAT prices.

oizo 06-06-2012 03:25 PM

I just ordered a whack for my first time from them. Can't wait to get them!

FlareKing 06-06-2012 03:28 PM

My thread should be a Sticky!!!!! lol

ÜberFly 06-06-2012 03:49 PM

What's "through"?!:sign0161:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnlh (Post 1468513)

Shawnlh 06-06-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ÜberFly (Post 1468567)

Sorry...........t h r e w...........thERe. ThAt,S bEtTeR!!

BlackID 06-06-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish (Post 1468531)
I got my order last week... ordered on a Friday, recieved on Tuesday.

I can't wait to go try them out! GREAT prices.

Two business days??????? umm....I order it last Sunday and have been three business days and still waiting and seems will be a fourth day waiting... it was my first order with them...super quick doesn't apply for my case.................

sureshot 06-06-2012 04:46 PM

The only downfall is they don't have pay pal. I would love to order from them but they limit how you can pay.

Andy

labo441 06-06-2012 04:48 PM

Icky flies=cheap, fast delivery and quality

Guitarplayingfish 06-06-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackID (Post 1468628)
Two business days??????? umm....I order it last Sunday and have been three business days and still waiting and seems will be a fourth day waiting... it was my first order with them...super quick doesn't apply for my case.................

It really depends where you are..

I believe they ship out of Calgary (I think I read on their website), and I am only a few hours away.

You must live up north?

Maybe they are getting nailed with orders because of all these posts! haha :sHa_shakeshout:

Shawnlh 06-06-2012 05:17 PM

Mine was 3 business days.
Ordered Friday night, received e-mail that they shipped on Saturday, and they arrived today. I'm in Medicine Hat.

I will be ordering from Icky again without hesitation. And yes, paypal would be nice, but cc payment is ok with me too.

sureshot 06-06-2012 05:20 PM

Yeah but for guys without credit cards it sucks.

Andy

FlareKing 06-06-2012 06:33 PM

Mine were mailed June.2 Saturday, deliver June.4 Monday :D

OL_JR 06-06-2012 06:42 PM

icky

Ordered a batch on Friday and got them today. Can't wait to try the "Bonita Surf Candy" on the clearwater.

BlackID 06-06-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish (Post 1468651)
It really depends where you are..

I believe they ship out of Calgary (I think I read on their website), and I am only a few hours away.

You must live up north?

Maybe they are getting nailed with orders because of all these posts! haha :sHa_shakeshout:

I Live in Calgary....I bought it Sunday and just yesterday get the confirmation than the order was sent out....I'm waiting for the courier....I will sit in my entrance because I'm going fishing tomorrow afternoon and i need it!

what happen is that everybody talk about how faster the delivery is.....but i don't realize that every experience could be different.

damaltor 06-07-2012 09:11 AM

Fly Quality?

Not to knock Icky, because I do agree with most comments by other users.
Icky's prices are unbeatable, he is very quick to ship and his communication is excellent, without a doubt very professional.
On orders I have placed in the past, the quality of his flies were top notch, none better. But the last order I recieved, the flies quality was questionable, very cobby ties and cheap, dull hooks.
Has anyone else noticed a reduction in the quality of his flies? Maybe I just got a bad batch, I hope he hasn't gone to a cheaper/inferior source for his flies.
I will order from Icky again, because my past orders have all been top notch.

Guitarplayingfish 06-07-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaltor (Post 1469523)
Not to knock Icky, because I do agree with most comments by other users.
Icky's prices are unbeatable, he is very quick to ship and his communication is excellent, without a doubt very professional.
On orders I have placed in the past, the quality of his flies were top notch, none better. But the last order I recieved, the flies quality was questionable, very cobby ties and cheap, dull hooks.
Has anyone else noticed a reduction in the quality of his flies? Maybe I just got a bad batch, I hope he hasn't gone to a cheaper/inferior source for his flies.
I will order from Icky again, because my past orders have all been top notch.

Like I was saying, I just ordered from them for the first time ever.

I only had a few problems with the flies I recieved... I ordered a ton of weevils... I also noticed that they were not the style that were in the picture on the website.. I expected a different style of weevil, and got a style that I am questionable about - I don't doubt that it will work, but i prefer a slightly different tie.

my 2nd problem was the double bunnies... 1 of them (at least) was tied slightly crooked.. The strip sits lopsided, making for bizarre looking action when stripping in.

This being said, I also ordered 100 flies... MOST of them were excellent... I'm not complaining, but if those weevils don't catch fish I might be.

Freedom55 06-07-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ÜberFly (Post 1468567)

What's "nuther"?

silverdoctor 06-07-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish (Post 1469533)
Like I was saying, I just ordered from them for the first time ever.

I only had a few problems with the flies I recieved... I ordered a ton of weevils... I also noticed that they were not the style that were in the picture on the website.. I expected a different style of weevil, and got a style that I am questionable about - I don't doubt that it will work, but i prefer a slightly different tie.

my 2nd problem was the double bunnies... 1 of them (at least) was tied slightly crooked.. The strip sits lopsided, making for bizarre looking action when stripping in.

This being said, I also ordered 100 flies... MOST of them were excellent... I'm not complaining, but if those weevils don't catch fish I might be.

have you been in touch with icky to see if your issues can be corrected?

Clgy_Dave2.0 06-07-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshot (Post 1468675)
Yeah but for guys without credit cards it sucks.

Andy

I wonder if they accept Interac e-transfer. (formerly EMT's)

tacklerunner 06-07-2012 10:46 AM

I'm sure Icky will resolve any problems anyone has. They're top shelf people. They've always taken care of everyone I have spoken to although 99% of the time there are no issues. Hard to be perfect.

Guitarplayingfish 06-07-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdoctor (Post 1469564)
have you been in touch with icky to see if your issues can be corrected?

No, I haven't... Im happy as it is.. They provided me with fast, painless service and I don't want to be a hassle for them. Although, from what I understand they are really good with customer service issues.

TheLegend 06-07-2012 11:41 AM

x2 just ordered from them again.

Guitarplayingfish 06-07-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegend (Post 1469664)
x2 just ordered from them again.

Good Choice. :sHa_shakeshout:

I am going crazy with all these flies sitting around and the rivers don't open for another week :angry3:

June 16th can't come soon enough.

TheLegend 06-07-2012 12:00 PM

Same! But this crappy rain is really making me mad:mad3: