Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Draw Confusion !!! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=64357)

butcherboy 07-20-2010 10:33 AM

Draw Confusion !!!

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this before in the past. I have been applying for antlered elk in a zone that priority 3 gets drawn every three years. Last year i was a priority 3 and did not get drawn. I thought maybe something changed and the priority is probably 4 now to get drawn. My brother who was priority 4 last year did not get drawn as well. So i thought many things and waited for this year hopeing i would get drawn. Just checked after getting back from vacation to find out i was not drawn again and also my brother did not get drawn as well, who was a priority 5 this year. There was also no reject reason when i checked if i was drawn. The Draw Summary Report shows that the last couple of years priority 3 was drawn 100%. I am confused with what is happening. I am not whining, but just confused if this has happened to others with their other draws and if it has, what was the end result in you getting the draws you applied for. Should i try to contact someone in albertrelm? I think they would not reply to something like this. Any ideas i would appreciate. Thanks

sheephunter 07-20-2010 10:37 AM

While computer glitches are possible, they are very rare in the draw system. You likely screwed up somewhere that you aren't aware of. Give ISM a call. The firiendly folks there will get it all sorted out for you. Likely you transposed a number or something.

Knotter 07-20-2010 10:37 AM

call

Call them and find out what's going on. That's bizzare.

Rackmastr 07-20-2010 10:39 AM

I'm guessing that you entered something wrong in your applications. As sheephunter pointed out, a computer glitch is a lot more rare than human error.

Give them a call and chat with them about it. Most of the problems that people have with draws are confusion or misunderstanding more than anything. A true glitch does happen though....

butcherboy 07-20-2010 12:07 PM

Thanks guys, i will give them a call and see whats up.

jim-bo 07-20-2010 12:47 PM

Luck of the Draw? lol but seriously give'em a call.

Jamie Black R/T 07-20-2010 03:31 PM

you're not tagging others onto your application are you? somebody with a priority lower than 3?

elkhunter11 07-20-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

you're not tagging others onto your application are you? somebody with a priority lower than 3?
A very common mistake is when people apply with other people with a lower priority,and don't realize that the application is given the priority of the person with the least priority in the group.

goober 07-20-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 634829)
A very common mistake is when people apply with other people with a lower priority,and don't realize that the application is given the priority of the person with the least priority in the group.

I have never heard that before but it is very good to know!!!!!

gramps73 07-20-2010 07:47 PM

Does any one know when the draw results are done?
I had the same thing happen, I thought that the 212 draw was a for sure thing for me this year. I was not drawn last season and applying with a 1, it was elk for me..nope

elkhunter11 07-20-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

I have never heard that before but it is very good to know!!!!!
It is written very plainly in the draw information book.In the 2010 book,it is on page 7,the fourth sentence from the top of the page.Unfortunately,many people never bother to read the draw information before applying.

gramps73 07-20-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramps73 (Post 634874)
Does any one know when the draw results are done?
I had the same thing happen, I thought that the 212 draw was a for sure thing for me this year. I was not drawn last season and applying with a 1, it was elk for me..nope

I should say how many tags were handed out in each WMU..

walking buffalo 07-20-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramps73 (Post 634879)
I should say how many tags were handed out in each WMU..

Last year 150 tags/season 300 total, and 940 applicants.

I have no idea how many tags were given out this year, I figured the odds of drawing this year were 50/50. You'll get it next year Gramps. :sHa_shakeshout:

gramps73 07-20-2010 08:31 PM

I sure hope so...
A buddy of mine got his 212 draw with this being his first year of applying.
I know this kind of thing happens but is there anything that could be done..

walking buffalo 07-20-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramps73 (Post 634901)
I sure hope so...
A buddy of mine got his 212 draw with this being his first year of applying.
I know this kind of thing happens but is there anything that could be done..

I would call 1-877-289-0999 with your buddies info/win# and ask what happened? Unless your application was rejected, or you applied with someone with a O priority, it is not supposed to work that way.

Hmmmm... is that the number for Draws or D***s? :scared0018:

gramps73 07-20-2010 09:53 PM

WB
I hear what you are saying, but I think this kind of thing happens more often then you and I would want to believe.

Rem7 07-21-2010 05:23 AM

I can not confirm it....but I heard from someone else that a guy got the turkey draw on the first year he applied....Last year! Do the math:sign0176:

gramps73 07-21-2010 08:00 AM

With any system there are going to be mistakes. I can live with that and from what I have heard the mistakes are very little ( I hope )

7mmremmag 07-21-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T (Post 634718)

My hunting group made this mistake this year. We were pretty much guaranteed to draw 2 moose tags, but we put a guy with a priority 2, in with 2 guys that were priority 5. So that brought our group level down to 2.
This is something I had never even heard of, oh well life goes on.

Jamie Black R/T 07-21-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7mmremmag (Post 635168)
My hunting group made this mistake this year. We were pretty much guaranteed to draw 2 moose tags, but we put a guy with a priority 2, in with 2 guys that were priority 5. So that brought our group level down to 2.
This is something I had never even heard of, oh well life goes on.

i also found this out the hard way just this year....put my old man in with me on my mule buck draw and he had just pulled it last year...needless to say neither of us got drawn LOL....like you said...life goes on...i have a tag waiting for me till next year....ill just have to put a little more effort into bow season this year

hwkirby 07-21-2010 11:56 AM

Another probable reason is that maybe others with a higher priority that have been 999ing for several years decided for whatever reason to jump into the fray!