Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Heads up on a stolen Tikka 7mm Rem Mag (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=377020)

Mikeysworld 02-19-2020 05:21 PM

Heads up on a stolen Tikka 7mm Rem Mag

My truck got stolen last night and inside was my Tikka T3 7mm Remington Magnum hunting rifle with 3.5x10x50 Vortex Diamondback BDC scope, and my backpack full of hunting supplies. Happened east of Calgary in Strathmore. Thanks guys.

crwhite 02-20-2020 09:10 AM

Hope you get your stuff back! That's rough!

LOWA 02-20-2020 02:01 PM

Hope you recover everything soon...

bonedogg 02-20-2020 03:29 PM

man that sucks bud, but I have to ask....why was this stuff in your truck? lesson learned?

35 whelen 02-20-2020 05:56 PM

No kidding I hate to be the negative guy but why leave it in the truck absolutely no excuse get up 5 minutes earlier sorry

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

AlbertaWild 02-20-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeysworld (Post 4113946)
My truck got stolen last night and inside was my Tikka T3 7mm Remington Magnum hunting rifle with 3.5x10x50 Vortex Diamondback BDC scope, and my backpack full of hunting supplies. Happened east of Calgary in Strathmore. Thanks guys.

Hunting !.. whens hunting season with a rifle!

pgavey 02-20-2020 06:24 PM

Lighten up guys, The op is asking for help to recover his rifle. I'm sure he does not appreciate a lecture .

marxman 02-20-2020 08:26 PM

Wow I didn’t know A.O. Had such superior people

Smokinyotes 02-20-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertaWild (Post 4114493)
Hunting !.. whens hunting season with a rifle!

Did ya ever think that maybe the OP was hunting coyotes or something? All winter long I leave all my warm winter camo, foxpro, range finder, shooting sticks, and everything else associated with hunting coyotes in my vehicle.

obsessed1 02-20-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokinyotes (Post 4114569)
Did ya ever think that maybe the OP was hunting coyotes or something? All winter long I leave all my warm winter camo, foxpro, range finder, shooting sticks, and everything else associated with hunting coyotes in my vehicle.

Same here.

zabbo 02-21-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonedogg (Post 4114423)
man that sucks bud, but I have to ask....why was this stuff in your truck? lesson learned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 whelen (Post 4114489)
No kidding I hate to be the negative guy but why leave it in the truck absolutely no excuse get up 5 minutes earlier sorry

Really a sad testament to our society and legal system. Bust your tail to get some nice things and then you have to spent a bunch more to protect and secure those nice things. Oh, and by the way, don't even think about taking the law into your own hands! Just call the police, they will give you a case number for your insurance company and you can get new stuff. Maybe not the best idea to leave the rifle in the truck, but maybe if we had a judicial system with some teeth we wouldn't have to worry about this crap! :thinking-006:

bobtodrick 02-21-2020 09:39 AM

Gotta admit I'm with the 'what the heck were you thinking camp'.
There is now a high power rifle in the hands of obvious criminals, who may use it with deadly force against an innocent person.
To those who say it's so terrible of the 'superior' people to be commenting...as owners of items that do have death dealing capabilities we most certainly do have a responsibility to keep them out of the hands of criminals.

Gade81 02-21-2020 02:39 PM

Heads up on a stolen Tikka 7mm Rem Mag

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsessed1 (Post 4114576)
Same here.

And here. My rifle doesn’t leave my truck. Unless the odd time I head into the states or some such.

And to the OP, that sucks. Hope you get your stuff back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sailor 02-22-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabbo (Post 4114703)
Really a sad testament to our society and legal system. Bust your tail to get some nice things and then you have to spent a bunch more to protect and secure those nice things. Oh, and by the way, don't even think about taking the law into your own hands! Just call the police, they will give you a case number for your insurance company and you can get new stuff. Maybe not the best idea to leave the rifle in the truck, but maybe if we had a judicial system with some teeth we wouldn't have to worry about this crap! :thinking-006:

Pretty sure if you get access to statistic you will find with surprise that Trucks killed way more people than Tikka :)
So main object of public safety should be not a rifle but a truck !

Jerry D 02-25-2020 03:53 AM

Too bad, i see no problem leaving items in trucks as long as its legal to do so and concealed.

Any criminal with a pal and there are lots of them, can buy a rifle with no trace. Next day they "sell" it to whoever and its gone. They insist when they sold it the buyer had a valid pal.

Criminals want handguns and short ones they can hide easy.

calgarychef 02-25-2020 07:42 AM

I’d love to leave a gun in the truck... every time I go hunting I have to load all my stuff in the morning. Every friggen morning. It would all be gone otherwise with all the losers we have roaming the streets.

CaberTosser 02-25-2020 07:51 AM

On the positive side, when the police know that thieves are armed & dangerous, they’ve got more leeway to shoot them!

That sucks, I hope your belongings are recovered.

brendan's dad 02-25-2020 09:38 AM

Did you have your serial numbers recorded for all your non-restricted firearms? It crazy how many people don't have that information written down and keep it updated. Without a serial number to give to the police, a firearm can not be enter on CPIC as stolen. So if another police officer comes in contact with it during an investigation they will never know it is stolen.

IAMhunt 02-25-2020 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:fighting0007:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gade81 (Post 4114865)
And here. My rifle doesn’t leave my truck. Unless the odd time I head into the states or some such.

And to the OP, that sucks. Hope you get your stuff back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X 35 years, 24/7 365 days of the year, like American Express, I never leave home without my rifle ,

For the unbelievers, here is the facts,

IAMhunt 02-25-2020 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAMhunt (Post 4116822)
:fighting0007:

X 35 years, 24/7 365 days of the year, like American Express, I never leave home without my rifle ,

For the unbelievers, here is the facts,

More facts,

WinefredCommander 02-25-2020 11:48 AM

Isn't leaving a gun overnight in a truck unsafe storage and you get charged? Didn't think you could even do this legally for this exact reason?

JD848 02-25-2020 11:59 AM

Hope you get it back, lot of guys here cruise plenty of sites ,so it's possible it may show up or he walks into a gun store who is part of AO.

JD

Dick284 02-25-2020 12:12 PM

When does transport end and storage begin?

The out of shift locked in the cab or trunk is part of the transportation regs, and is for temporarily leaving the vehicle in attended to do things like take a bio break, or grab a coffee. Leaving the firearm overnight far exceeds being in transport!

marxman 02-26-2020 07:34 AM

Has anyone been charged for unsafe storage for having firearms stolen from a locked vehicle.

NCC 02-29-2020 10:29 PM

If it’s locked in the truck and there’s no ammo stored with it, that counts as safe storage in my books. A truck is just as difficult to break into as many gun rooms and cheap safes.

That said, I don’t leave anything of value in my vehicles.

Battle Rat 03-01-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinefredCommander (Post 4116842)
Isn't leaving a gun overnight in a truck unsafe storage and you get charged? Didn't think you could even do this legally for this exact reason?

There is no rule saying it must be locked in a house, just locked.