Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Crazy Fisherman on the NSR? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=88151)

Daceminnow 04-06-2011 11:17 PM

Crazy Fisherman on the NSR?

i hope this wasn't any of our board members trying to cook their catch up this afternoon. check out these cats.

Despite frequent warning to stay off the melting ice, the Global 1 helicopter caught two men and a dog walking across the ice chunks.

The men actually started a fire on the ice.

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/star...313/story.html

whitetailman 04-06-2011 11:53 PM

They sure got some balls!!! What a bunch of idiots!!

FlyFishFairwx 04-07-2011 12:06 AM

Mental Midgets!!!, and that is a slight on mental midgets.

vcmm 04-07-2011 12:18 AM

I"m goning to take awild guess that thier names are DUMB and DUMBER.
They should foot the bill for the rescue

Dust1n 04-07-2011 07:19 AM

i cnt belive they took there dog on the risky adventure.

firegod74 04-07-2011 07:27 AM

Ummm.. Not to call them crazy or anything, but didn't a couple members post a picture about this time last year with lawn chairs on an iceburg floating on the NSR?
Geezle maybe?

italk2u 04-07-2011 07:50 AM

atleast the dog was hunting around for a way to get off...must have had a bad batch of meth.

Lefty-Canuck 04-07-2011 08:03 AM

You can tell these guys are on something.....sun tanning on the ice flows....

Many years ago I worked in Cambridge Bay NWT. I used to go out jigging in the summer on the ice flows on the ocean with the locals.......now that I think about it I can't beleive we did that.....did catch some nice char out there though, was tough hauling fishing rod, tackle, and fish back to shore jumping flows in rubber boots.....good thing I was young and dumb!

Lefty

pdfish 04-07-2011 08:09 AM

Unfortunately they were rescued before natural selection could take place, in turn strengthening the gene pool.

Alberta Bigbore 04-07-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdfish (Post 897224)
Unfortunately they were rescued before natural selection could take place, in turn strengthening the gene pool.

x2 God was just trying to weed out the weak.

Braun 04-07-2011 08:37 AM

i like how they picked one of the smallest chuncks of ice to have their fire on too....

great white whaler 04-07-2011 08:47 AM

7 months of cabin fever ,makes people do crazy things.

Lefty-Canuck 04-07-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braun (Post 897253)
i like how they picked one of the smallest chuncks of ice to have their fire on too....

^^^^^^
X2 I was thinking the EXACT same thing.....

Lefty

mooseknuckle 04-07-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great white whaler (Post 897262)
7 months of cabin fever ,makes people do crazy things.

So does crack-cocaine!!

greylynx 04-07-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 897228)
x2 God was just trying to weed out the weak.

No kiddin.

If they drowned we could have put in an application for a Darwin Award for these guys.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 04-07-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firegod74 (Post 897186)
Ummm.. Not to call them crazy or anything, but didn't a couple members post a picture about this time last year with lawn chairs on an iceburg floating on the NSR?
Geezle maybe?

:lol: Ghost guy that was :lol: but that spot where they were as I was with them that day you fall off ice berg you stand up less then a foot of water . Not in the centre of the river . http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...Y/fdeda3ef.jpg

FishBrain 04-07-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 897218)

Many years ago I worked in Cambridge Bay NWT. I used to go out jigging in the summer on the ice flows on the ocean with the locals.......now that I think about it I can't beleive we did that.....did catch some nice char out there though, was tough hauling fishing rod, tackle, and fish back to shore jumping flows in rubber boots.....good thing I was young and dumb!

Lefty

YEP, MUST be on Something, because NO ONE is THAT Stupid....Right Lefty?

pickrel pat 04-07-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBrain (Post 897600)

lol.

ghostguy6 04-07-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Geezle maybe?

That was me. What you cant see in the pictures is the rope and the other guy on the bank incase something happened. I am also trained in ice and open water rescue. The fact that the water was only up to my knees made it alot safer.

pickrel pat 04-07-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 897699)
That was me. What you cant see in the pictures is the rope and the other guy on the bank incase something happened. I am also trained in ice and open water rescue. The fact that the water was only up to my knees made it alot safer.

yes but KIDS .... go on this site!!! just kidding, somebody will say it. lol

chubbdarter 04-07-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN (Post 897595)
:lol: Ghost guy that was :lol: but that spot where they were as I was with them that day you fall off ice berg you stand up less then a foot of water . Not in the centre of the river . http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...Y/fdeda3ef.jpg

hahahahah hillarious pic......good old boy stuff....glad there is still some alive and well in Alberta......

mudbug 04-07-2011 07:23 PM

Would have been a short lived fire I'm thinking :thinking-006:

Geezle 04-07-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Geezle maybe?

Negative.

I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid! :fighting0074:

alodar 04-07-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezle (Post 897960)
Negative.

I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid! :fighting0074:

Hahaha good call

pope 04-07-2011 10:16 PM

Glad the dog is ok.

Jwood 456 04-07-2011 11:25 PM

Lol that would be fun if there was a rope tied to me from shore and I had a water proof insulated floating suit on.:sHa_shakeshout::bad_boys_20:

Jwood 456 04-08-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwood 456 (Post 898338)
Lol that would be fun if there was a rope tied to me from shore and I had a water proof insulated floating suit on.:sHa_shakeshout::bad_boys_20:

Hehe even if I had a rope and floater suite that would be complete stupidity IMO.

I just watched the video and couldn't stop myself from laughing my head off when the News Broadcaster that is supposed to sound neutral and proffesional, kept on saying "this is udder stupidity" all matter of factly.

Lefty-Canuck 04-08-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck

Lefty

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBrain (Post 897600)

Well I think it is safe to say we have all done something stupid in our lives.....I acknowledge that. The local Inuit wanted to show me how they fish in the spring.....I think it was a bit of a passage for me to be accepted and for them to see if I had the cohones to do it. Difference up there is the way the ice jams, the time of year we were out it wasn't moving very much. I was also 18 years old at the time.......you think I was gonna back down? :)

Lefty

FishBrain 04-08-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 898512)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck

Lefty

Well I think it is safe to say we have all done something stupid in our lives.....I acknowledge that. The local Inuit wanted to show me how they fish in the spring.....I think it was a bit of a passage for me to be accepted and for them to see if I had the cohones to do it. Difference up there is the way the ice jams, the time of year we were out it wasn't moving very much. I was also 18 years old at the time.......you think I was gonna back down? :)

Lefty

lol, Hey I would not back down either.
My point is...What were you on when you did it? Nothing? So how can you decipher that these 2 idiots were on something? they are probably 2 sober idiots. which makes them Idiots, not USERS. Thats all

Lefty-Canuck 04-08-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBrain (Post 898567)
lol, Hey I would not back down either.
My point is...What were you on when you did it? Nothing? So how can you decipher that these 2 idiots were on something? they are probably 2 sober idiots. which makes them Idiots, not USERS. Thats all

Ahhh ok....I missed your point. I was basing my opinion on them being users as per there slow....staggered movements on the ice flow....and trying to rationalize the reason to have a fire out there? I guess I may have made an "assumption" that they were on something. Also they were chillin out with their shirts off, and picked a relatively speaking "smaller" peice of ice to do what they were doing.

When I did the stupid thing I was sober and out fishing with the locals. I just don't get the "go on the ice to start a fire and chill out with my shirt off mentality"......if I made an unfair assumption of substance abuse I do apologize to the two individuals and the dog for labelling them as "users". If you notice @~60-55secs....the one guy almost falls on his face while tying his boots or what ever he is doing so I guess I thought if he was given a feild sobriety test he may fail....... :)

Lefty