Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Guided fishing southern Alberta (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=262037)

archeryman 08-09-2015 09:20 PM

Guided fishing southern Alberta

Looking to take a customer or two fly fishing this September. I am looking for recommendations for a guided day trip. Likely would prefer to walk the river instead of float. We would be coming from Lethbridge. First choice is crowsnest pass area. Want a good experience. Thanks ahead of time!

lannie 08-09-2015 09:40 PM

Vic Bergman of the Crowsnest Angler.

Cdiegomcduff 08-10-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archeryman (Post 2922381)
Looking to take a customer or two fly fishing this September. I am looking for recommendations for a guided day trip. Likely would prefer to walk the river instead of float. We would be coming from Lethbridge. First choice is crowsnest pass area. Want a good experience. Thanks ahead of time!

Mr. Colin Cambell from streamsideoutfitters.com. Amazing trip into the Kananaskis Big rainbows Beautiful Cutties and Brooks. Its a hike but man is it ever worth it and rewarding I would recommend the trip thousand times over. My head is still reeling from how great that trip was super worth it. His number is 1(403)325-0106 tell him Justin referred you. Ill post some pics from the trip.

bessiedog 08-10-2015 10:04 AM

Crowsnest Angler

Vic will give you a fantastic fall trip.

ÜberFly 08-11-2015 12:49 PM

Just make sure whomever you hire has the proper permits and liability insurance, etc.

All of us that are "legitimate guides" do, so the rest should also!! :mad0100:

P

Jayhad 08-11-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ÜberFly (Post 2924011)
Just make sure whomever you hire has the proper permits and liability insurance, etc.

All of us that are "legitimate guides" do, so the rest should also!! :mad0100:

P

Peter, you know as well as I do that there are no legal requirements or permits to be a "legitimate guide" in Alberta, unless you are in national parks.

ÜberFly 08-11-2015 05:38 PM

Jay

What I mean is getting the proper permits for doing "work" on public land (not only within Parks), liability insurance, etc. Far too many don't bother blah blah blah. And I'm sure I'm wasting my data package writing all this!!

:sign0176:

P

archeryman 08-12-2015 02:35 PM

I appreciate the info! I think I am going with Crowsnest Angler. I love stopping in there on my trips to the Pass.

DarkAisling 08-13-2015 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ÜberFly (Post 2924289)
Jay

What I mean is getting the proper permits for doing "work" on public land (not only within Parks), liability insurance, etc. Far too many don't bother blah blah blah. And I'm sure I'm wasting my data package writing all this!!

:sign0176:

P

I just spent some time on FFC and Google cyberstalking you to try to figure out what you and Deb are up to. Wow! I'm impressed. I've only hired Maxwell in the past, but I suspect I'll be hiring you in the future for some fun adventures (once my health improves). :)

Your list of certifications (including advanced adventure medic certificate!) and memberships is truly impressive.

ÜberFly 08-13-2015 08:40 AM

Thanks Shelley!

We have been to some amazing places to hike, fish and backpack and truly enjoy taking others to share our knowledge and experience!

P

Bennyj 08-17-2015 08:34 PM

I would recommend Oldman River Outfitters out of Cowley. Mark and Adam grew up fishing the Oldman, Castle, Crowsnest and Waterton Rivers. They provide excellent service and have a great track record.

MaverickMetal 09-12-2015 09:58 PM

I would be happy to take you out

Quote:

Originally Posted by archeryman (Post 2922381)

Give me a call 403-382-1175