Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lake newell ice shack thefts and arson (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=244239)

THEREAPER 01-29-2015 08:44 PM

Lake newell ice shack thefts and arson

Hello everyone, for those of you who have ice huts out on newell please go out and check them. Mine was stolen and burnt to the ground. several others have been burnt or stolen also. Pretty sad and concerning. My daughter is devastated as we spent all out time out there. Now we have no hut auger or gear for the rest of the winter awesome! So heads up and go have a look and report it to the RCMP please!
Cheers!

Secret coulee 01-29-2015 08:54 PM

There has been only two shacks burnt to the ice.one last night and one the night before asuming one was yours and sorry to hear that.the arsone was caught last night at midnight so no need to worry about any other shacks going down.

THEREAPER 01-29-2015 08:55 PM

they took mine off the lake and burnt it so thats 3 and there is someones on the main road past the resort completely wrecked.

Sooner 01-29-2015 09:11 PM

That's brutal Reaper. I hope you can salvage your season. Who does that to other peoples stuff.

WayneChristie 01-29-2015 09:13 PM

sorry to hear, the big one had 30 grand invested in it, I almost felt like crying when I saw it today. I have a 6x6 tent you can use the rest of the winter if you like, let me know.

WayneChristie 01-29-2015 09:13 PM

there was another one that was being hauled away all over highway 535 today too, nothing left of it. uploading a few pics
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps5xordq2z.jpg
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/y...psy5zeynru.jpg
the nicest shack probably in the province, til last night
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/y...pspkfsy9lb.jpg
got most of the debris cleaned up but still some to be done, what a sad day for the owner. the arsonist needs a good kneecapping
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/y...psvhcqva6q.jpg

THEREAPER 01-29-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 2716833)
sorry to hear, the big one had 30 grand invested in it, I almost felt like crying when I saw it today. I have a 6x6 tent you can use the rest of the winter if you like, let me know.

Thanks Wayne! I have a back up plan. This guy was out of control! I heard he hit shacks at the end of the lake too! Gonna go for a ride to check it out!

the local angler 01-29-2015 09:36 PM

since the bastard was caught any word on recovering some of the gear?

THEREAPER 01-29-2015 09:46 PM

I will keep an eye out for stuff scatterd around the lake. I will post pics of what I find so people can claim!

Remi3006 01-29-2015 09:51 PM

Since this guy will probably get a slap on the wrist, I think the fairest punishment is for him to be locked in a room for 5 minutes with all those who owned the shacks! What a dick!! Sorry to hear fellas.

bubba 96 01-29-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remi3006 (Post 2716897)
Since this guy will probably get a slap on the wrist, I think the fairest punishment is for him to be locked in a room for 5 minutes with all those who owned the shacks! What a dick!! Sorry to hear fellas.

Totally agree a kneecap breaking might be in order....

spinN'flyfish 01-29-2015 09:56 PM

wow...... that's horrible, hope you manage to continue fishin though! The careless perpetrator should be punished

fish gunner 01-29-2015 10:13 PM

So sad ..the effort and time put into a shack . Destroyed for kicks ??? Some peoples children :angry3:

Nikanit 01-30-2015 01:07 AM

That happened to my husband Kerry and his buddy Gerry back in 2010 on Sylvan Lake. They had a big shack, and this guy they knew got his panties in a bunch when he couldn't use the shack, because Gerry had friends coming there that day (Gerry built the shack, Kerry helped him). Anyhow this guy drove out and drove into the shack and smashed it to pieces. I made a posting about it long ago on this board...HERE

Red Bullets 01-30-2015 01:29 AM

Sorry to hear of the losses suffered.
Part of the guys punishment should be that he rebuild all the shacks he ruined, at his expense... while he is in jail.

moose 2 01-30-2015 05:38 AM

Lake newell ice shacks

I hope he was the sumbitch that was doing all the shooting at cenovous property and eastern irrigation property so they can lock him up or them up !!!

edmhunter 01-30-2015 05:51 AM

UNBELIEVABLE!

Hope the guy or people involved get jail time! Hope you guys have fun for the rest of the season and catch your limit every time you go out, regardless of this person(s) stupid and disgusting behavior! :sign0176:

moose 2 01-30-2015 06:27 AM

Did all this happen in redelback , greenwald, or pumphouse i was going to go for a drive today and see a sad thing

THEREAPER 01-30-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose 2 (Post 2717110)
Did all this happen in redelback , greenwald, or pumphouse i was going to go for a drive today and see a sad thing

ALL around the lake, he even took one from green wall and towed it to the south end of the lake, it was towed back and he hit it a second night trying to burn it. Were going out at lunch to see it we can find our stuff, fingers crossed as i didn't see a burnt auger and such where he burnt my shack down, If anyone needs a hand cleaning up please message me I'm free this weekend to help.

Cheers!

Bushmaster 01-30-2015 06:42 AM

So, is this guy just your average nutbar or does he have some kind of personal vendetta against someone or something? I'm not familiar with the area, so am unaware of any possible confrontations, etc. between fishermen and say landowners, etc ?

WayneChristie 01-30-2015 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushmaster (Post 2717119)
So, is this guy just your average nutbar or does he have some kind of personal vendetta against someone or something? I'm not familiar with the area, so am unaware of any possible confrontations, etc. between fishermen and say landowners, etc ?

most of the land around the lake is owned by EID and I havent heard of any issues with access. I think this guy is just a sick individual who needs some special treatment :fighting0030: REAPER do you know who owned the Shasta?

waterninja 01-30-2015 07:40 AM

Sorry to hear about this. Bad enough to simply wreck someones shack, but arson is ussually treated very seriously. Hope the a-hole gets some serious punishment. Also hope the judge is a fisherman.
Does anyone from around there know this guy? He sounds mentally disturbed.

THEREAPER 01-30-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 2717128)
most of the land around the lake is owned by EID and I havent heard of any issues with access. I think this guy is just a sick individual who needs some special treatment :fighting0030: REAPER do you know who owned the Shasta?

Hi Wayne not sure, like I said I found another one wrecked on the pump house road.

Frozenflyguy 01-30-2015 08:22 AM

Holy Crap ! It is a battle zone out there! I can't believe that this happens. Very sorry to hear of the loss of property. I have a few spare rods ... I think a reel and some tackle to donate to start the rebuilding process. I would be devastated if my ice season was at risk because of some lunatic! PM me and I will get some stuff over to you.

Couleestalker 01-30-2015 08:27 AM

I'm hearing reports that the police were able to catch the culprit(s) Wednesday evening. Perhaps its the same moron that's been out shooting EIDs' and Cenovus' property.

Bigwoodsman 01-30-2015 08:50 AM

THIS is unbelievable and quite alarming to say the least. I can't believe that this was all done by one individual, so I hope the police keep looking. The carnage and waste is sickening to say the least.

Everyone with shacks anywhere should be vigilant and weary of copy-cat sicko's like this POS!:mad0100:

Dammit I want to kick something!:(

BW

kevinhits 01-30-2015 11:31 AM

Just texted my buddy that lives on the East side of the lake at Riddleback..His shack was sparred but him and his wife watched his friends shack as it was burning down...Just trying to get more information as we speak....

Update: He doesn't know who he is....YET:bad_boys_20:

Couleestalker 01-30-2015 11:41 AM

I saw 4 shacks that were destroyed 2 burnt on the lake, one burnt on the road, and one smashed up on a road. I have also heard that there were 2 more burnt on the lake but I haven't seen those ones, that would make 6 all together so far. Some house owners at the resort saw the suspect drive away. They called the RCMP, while following him. The police did finally catch him.

WayneChristie 01-30-2015 11:50 AM

Just went and checked another members shack. On Jackfish. It was ok but thete was anothet one burned just off shore that would have been dragged there since that spot is too shallow to fish. Thats at least 5 that I know of and there are probably more. The Rcmp were just leaving the bay when I got there

KJPFISH 01-30-2015 12:09 PM

I was shocked and saddened to hear of this vandalism. Condolances to all who were impacted. We fished Big Rainier on Wed. Jan. 28 where there are/were 4 permanent ice shacks. There was no one around all day. I sure hope none of these were impacted. Glad they caught the vandal(s).