Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Elk draw (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=347897)

outbackpat 07-14-2018 10:32 AM

Elk draw

Question for all you knowledgeable people! If your drawn for bull elk can you buy a general tag or are you limited to the zone your drawn in. Having an argument with a buddy!

Mountain Guy 07-14-2018 10:36 AM

Believe you can only hunt the zone your drawn

Pathfinder76 07-14-2018 10:47 AM

You can buy a general elk tag, but if you do, kiss your draw tag goodbye.

elkhunter11 07-14-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 3811896)

If you draw a special license, you lose the option of purchasing a general license. This was implemented several years ago after many people were drawing tags, but purchasing general licenses instead.

Ken H 07-14-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 3811896)

You can only purchase your draw tag and hunt in the zone and animal you were drawn for.

CrisPbacon 08-22-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 3811901)
If you draw a special license, you lose the option of purchasing a general license. This was implemented several years ago after many people were drawing tags, but purchasing general licenses instead.

Elkhunter is correct. I took it one step further and contacted AlbertaRelm to point out in the hunting regs and draw regs where it states this. Myself and no one at AlbertaRelm could find it. They finally directed me to the Alberta governemtn for clarification.

My point is, if it's a regulation, it should be clearly stated in the hunting and draw regulations.

Jays toyz 08-22-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrisPbacon (Post 3830051)
Elkhunter is correct. I took it one step further and contacted AlbertaRelm to point out in the hunting regs and draw regs where it states this. Myself and no one at AlbertaRelm could find it. They finally directed me to the Alberta governemtn for clarification.

My point is, if it's a regulation, it should be clearly stated in the hunting and draw regulations.

Please let me know what you find out because I bought an undersubscribed, not knowing I couldn't get a general. Can't find anybody to bring it to.

elkhunter11 08-22-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrisPbacon (Post 3830051)

Actually it is clearly stated in the chart of allowable license combinations, that you can only obtain the special antlered elk license, the special antleless elk license, or the elk license. Whether you draw the tag or purchase it as an undersubscribed tag, it is the same tag, so the same restriction applies. And once the tag is drawn or reserved through the undersubscribed system, as far as the restriction is comcerned, you are considered to have obtained the tag.

Bassett 08-23-2018 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 3830256)
actually it is clearly stated in the chart of allowable license combinations, that you can only obtain the special antlered elk license, the special antleless elk license, or the elk license. Whether you draw the tag or purchase it as an undersubscribed tag, it is the same tag, so the same restriction applies. And once the tag is drawn or reserved through the undersubscribed system, as far as the restriction is comcerned, you are considered to have obtained the tag.

Attachment 148257

not sure if the attachment is visible but it states in clearly that you may only hold one or the other.

Bassett 08-23-2018 06:54 PM

This pic might be better https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0d205bfbde.png