Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NHL awards (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=365465)

kevinhits 06-19-2019 06:19 PM

NHL awards

Gotta say the first 15 minutes so far have been terrible and a frickin waste of time....Totally disappointed....:snapoutofit:

does it ALL outdoors 06-19-2019 06:36 PM

They do seem pretty sterile...

Pixel Shooter 06-19-2019 06:40 PM

Skits are horrific urghhh
Luv Barkov’s little shot at Florida fans lol

kevinhits 06-19-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter (Post 3991117)
Skits are horrific urghhh
Luv Barkov’s little shot at Florida fans lol

I see the players facial expressions and they are not pleased...LOL

Last time I seen the face of Mcdavid look so dissapointed is when he got drafted....Must of seen his face when the Ted Lindsay award was presented to Kucherov:rolleye2:

does it ALL outdoors 06-19-2019 06:56 PM

Both the hosts and guest presenters are TERRIBLE!

That one guest presenter was about to spontaneously combust.

Had enough of this Steve Harvey imitation clown, I'll get the results online later, I'm out :scared0018:

JareS 06-19-2019 06:56 PM

Wow this is just plain awful!

Bigwoodsman 06-19-2019 07:02 PM

I watched 5 minutes and thought I can read the results later and it’ll only take 1 minute to do so. Spending 2 hours on this is 2 hours I’ll never see again. Even the players don’t want to be there. Mail them the trophies and get on with life.

BW

does it ALL outdoors 06-19-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinhits (Post 3991122)
Last time I seen the face of Mcdavid look so dissapointed is when he got drafted....Must of seen his face when the Ted Lindsay award was presented to Kucherov:rolleye2:

You Calgary fans are a funny bunch, ya's only see what ya' wanna see. He didn't make any facial expression whatsoever, unlike when he is lighting up whatever plug the Shames have in net with a big poop eating grin. :rolleye2:

Thanks for the free rental space in your heads tho :sHa_sarcasticlol:

does it ALL outdoors 06-19-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman (Post 3991126)
I watched 5 minutes and thought I can read the results later and it’ll only take 1 minute to do so. Spending 2 hours on this is 2 hours I’ll never see again. Even the players don’t want to be there. Mail them the trophies and get on with life.

BW

Usually they are a big to do, and well worth watching.

It's these painful hosts and presenters :angry3:

ssyd 06-19-2019 07:05 PM

Glad I missed the first half cooking supper. Hurry up and get to the Hart so I can be disappointed already.

Rig-Rat 06-19-2019 07:54 PM

Didn't see it but Gio with the Norris. Well deserved. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f836d1884e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

jstubbs 06-19-2019 08:04 PM

I do feel bad for the planners and organizers of the NHL awards. These guys, with the exception of PK, all outwardly show about as much personality as a door handle. At least it doesn't try to take itself too seriously.

Loved the part with Carey Price and that young kid. I may have shed a tear.

Jamie 06-19-2019 08:06 PM

My god, this multi multi Billion dollar business.
Can they not hire good comedians or good writers? This is embarrassingly bad.

Though the bit about Crosby smoking guys on the ass as they come out of the shower was funny.

Good on Geo.
Why was McJesus crying again? You only get drafted once.. What can the problem be?

Jamie 06-19-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstubbs (Post 3991155)
I do feel bad for the planners and organizers of the NHL awards. These guys, with the exception of PK, all outwardly show about as much personality as a door handle. At least it doesn't try to take itself too seriously.

Loved the part with Carey Price and that young kid. I may have shed a tear.

I sent Willy a text saying Carey was my hero.... Guy should do more commercials.

Rig-Rat 06-19-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 3991159)

Though the bit about Crosby smoking guys on the ass as they come out of the shower was funny.

Good on Geo.

Why was McJesus crying again? You only get drafted once.. What can the problem be?

I hear McLovin often breaks down and weeps, knowing they won't trade him.

Jamie 06-19-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig-Rat (Post 3991168)
I hear McLovin often breaks down and weeps, knowing they won't trade him.

You would think he has become numb to disappointment. Not sure how he gets out of bed each TBH.

Jamie 06-19-2019 08:29 PM

Ok.. Just saw the Carey Price scene again... Still choking me up.
Poor kid, loved how Carey tried to settle him down.

Yeah.. My Hero!

gman1978 06-19-2019 08:41 PM

The NHL awards show might have been some of the worst TV I have ever seen.

kevinhits 06-19-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors (Post 3991127)
You Calgary fans are a funny bunch, ya's only see what ya' wanna see. He didn't make any facial expression whatsoever, unlike when he is lighting up whatever plug the Shames have in net with a big poop eating grin. :rolleye2:

Thanks for your useful input...Hopefully you recorded Mcjesus expresion to watch over and over...LOL

Jigger 06-19-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors (Post 3991127)

Your saviours sweat pant suit perfectly summed up the whole Edmonton oiler organization though LOL he's fitting in better than expected up there.

brendan's dad 06-19-2019 09:26 PM

The show was definitely bad.... maybe even as bad as this thread.

Talking moose 06-19-2019 09:27 PM

Bahahaha even jealous during the off season! Bahahaha! Epic!

Rig-Rat 06-19-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 3991178)
Ok.. Just saw the Carey Price scene again... Still choking me up.
Poor kid, loved how Carey tried to settle him down.

Yeah.. My Hero!

Saw the replay of this and again hats off to the classy players out there. Love seeing players genuinely interacting with the kids, and community. Not doing it cause it is team rule, or made to do it.
Seeing the look on the kids faces of joy or tears of happy, is the best.
Good job Mr. Price.

brendan's dad 06-19-2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig-Rat (Post 3991220)
Saw the replay of this and again hats off to the classy players out there. Love seeing players genuinely interacting with the kids, and community. Not doing it cause it is team rule, or made to do it.
Seeing the look on the kids faces of joy or tears of happy, is the best.
Good job Mr. Price.

Good guy and likes to hunt.... stops a few pucks once and awhile too.

270person 06-19-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinhits (Post 3991195)
Thanks for your useful input...Hopefully you recorded Mcjesus expresion to watch over and over...LOL

Looked like the best player in the world being content making 12.5 a year playing hockey and probably half that again in sponsorships. Along with being THE face of hockey worldwide for the next 10 or so years.

Or perhaps he was just mulling over what it would feel like to play on a top 4 rated team going into the playoffs, then promptly crapping the bed 4 nights running. "Dang. That'd be like me popping 6 points next season." Gross " Now, back to this lame awards show to watch them pretend the Harts going to the most valuable player in the league."

58thecat 06-20-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 3991256)
Good guy and likes to hunt.... stops a few pucks once and awhile too.

Need him in Vancouver......please....please....pretty please...:(

Twisted Canuck 06-20-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 3991159)

Though the bit about Crosby smacking guys on the ass as they come out of the shower was funny.

Good on Geo.

That bit with Crosby was hysterical I though, start to finish (fixed it for you too). Don't know who the comedian was but he nailed it, perfect ad lib artist....at one point he even made himself laugh, but he got it choked down.

Other than that segment, and when Price came out and gave the kid a hug, jersey and All Star game invite (not a dry eye in the house!), it all was pretty meh.

Except Gio winning Norris. Whoooooppp!!! Well done, and well deserved imo.

pikergolf 06-20-2019 05:11 PM

Carey Price is a mensch. a person of integrity and honor.

Habfan 06-21-2019 10:48 AM

Congrats to Gio !

kinwahkly 06-21-2019 06:18 PM

Turned it off after Gio won. Austin Matthews on stage sweating thru his jacket and Connor McDavid wearing a hockey lace for a belt was to much for me .