Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yeah I think it’s time for a break from this place (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=430803)

Smoky buck 04-18-2024 08:17 AM

Yeah I think it’s time for a break from this place

Well boys and girls I think it’s time to take a break from AO

I originally joined this forum because of my interests in hunting and fishing. I have met a few good people from this forum in the process. Unfortunately at this time I don’t see this as an outdoors forum anymore

I will likely get bored and check to see if things improve as the season gets going but right now time is best spent elsewhere

Don’t worry I already expect the post with the don’t let the door hit you on the way out attitude.

This is for those who choose to PM me with questions and wonder why I am not responding nothing else

Cement Bench 04-18-2024 08:38 AM

just a suggestion

set a time twice a week to visit

stay off a forum that gives you grief or brings you down and visit that area less

hang in there buddy or just hang around with different folks, either way take care

muirsy 04-18-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4717498)

I originally joined this forum because of my interests in hunting and fishing. I have met a few good people from this forum in the process. Unfortunately at this time I don’t see this as an outdoors forum anymore

I will likely get bored and check to see if things improve as the season gets going but right now time is best spent elsewhere

Don’t worry I already expect the post with the don’t let the door hit you on the way out attitude.

This is for those who choose to PM me with questions and wonder why I am not responding nothing else

I don't blame you Smoky. Just make sure to come back for your whitetail threads - I absolutely love those and get more out of them than any other posts on here!

j

Rusty50 04-18-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Agree 100 percent, Politics and Religion. 2 subjects that cause stress to all that spew it. And all threads seem to end up there. So sad. Can you imagine sitting around hunting camp or fishing camp and have this bunk discussed incessantly? Makes you want to slit your own throat.

Dewey Cox 04-18-2024 09:23 AM

I don't understand the point of these posts.
Do you want us to beg you to reconsider?

Zip 04-18-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey Cox (Post 4717527)
I don't understand the point of these posts.
Do you want us to beg you to reconsider?

I highly doubt this is what he was shooting for….these kind of responses are what makes this place look bad…can’t a fella just wanna say I’m backing out for a bit without this ridiculous type of comments…come on now!!!
Sad..just sad!
Zip:)

Albertadiver 04-18-2024 09:47 AM

I left for a few years. Came back but don't post near as much anymore. Might take a break for the summer. We'll see.

W921 04-18-2024 09:49 AM

Quote:

Instead of leaving us why not start a thread about something you are interested in?

W921 04-18-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty50 (Post 4717519)
Agree 100 percent, Politics and Religion. 2 subjects that cause stress to all that spew it. And all threads seem to end up there. So sad. Can you imagine sitting around hunting camp or fishing camp and have this bunk discussed incessantly? Makes you want to slit your own throat.

Are you suggesting that because you dont want to talk about politics or religion that nobody else should either?
Or is it because you dont agree with what is being said?
Start a new thread would be my suggestion.

traderal 04-18-2024 09:59 AM

I tried it once but some of the discussions are addictive. As Shwartzy would say, You'll be Baaaack. Enjoyed your posts

flydude 04-18-2024 10:14 AM

You guys wonder why there are members sick and tired of this nonsense?

Quote:

Originally Posted by W921 (Post 4717539)
Are you suggesting that because you dont want to talk about politics or religion that nobody else should either?

From """""""The Message board "RULES" sticky """"""" http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=10691

Any topics/posts or discussion that includes race, ethnic groups, religion or sexual orientation are NOT acceptable and can result in a loss of message board privileges not excluding permanently. This is NOT the forum for such discussions.

This rule obviously isn't being enforced on this forum.

Twisted Canuck 04-18-2024 10:15 AM

I blame the moderators. Bunch of Nazi censors. :)

flydude 04-18-2024 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4717549)
I blame the moderators. Bunch of Nazi censors. :)

Absolutely :) they should have their own moderator ...

KGB 04-18-2024 10:47 AM

Oh common buddy! Where else would you find such a great daily entertainment! That is better, way better than Saturday night live!
And you know what’s the best part of it? - you don’t have to open the threads that you don’t want to read!
And if you have some other things to do- then great! Go do these things, enjoy the life, and when you have a quiet time or a rainy day- come back for a visit!

HyperMOA 04-18-2024 10:50 AM

Enjoy your time away Smoky. See you when you return.

Map Maker 04-18-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W921 (Post 4717537)
Instead of leaving us why not start a thread about something you are interested in?

^^ this right here^^ our interests are always evolving. Fishing hunting and other stuff.

fishnguy 04-18-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W921 (Post 4717537)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Map Maker (Post 4717570)
^^ this right here^^ our interests are always evolving. Fishing hunting and other stuff.

Haha. Funny. Because he did start numerous threads in the hunting and fishing sections of the forum.

Take care, Smoky.

jungleboy 04-18-2024 11:32 AM

Over 65 of your last 100 posts are in the general forum discussing non outdoors issues. Are you not complaining about an issue you readily participate in? Simple solution for all those who think the forum focuses too much on politics and non outdoors issues, stay away from the general forum and post about hunting and fishing and outdoors related issues.

We have 6 other sub forums to choose from but the politics in the genera is where the regulars spend 90% of their time and then complain that it dominates the forum :thinking-006:

fishnguy 04-18-2024 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleboy (Post 4717580)
Over 65 of your last 100 posts are in the general forum discussing non outdoors issues. Are you not complaining about an issue you readily participate in? Simple solution for all those who think the forum focuses too much on politics and non outdoors issues, stay away from the general forum and post about hunting and fishing and outdoors related issues.

We have 6 other sub forums to choose from but the politics in the genera is where the regulars spend 9% of their time and then complain that it dominates the forum :thinking-006:

9% of their time! The nerve! Lol.

Yes, JB is also on point.

Edit: Also, just noticed, I thought you retired from the mod duties? I even said you did a good job and whatnot?

Talking moose 04-18-2024 11:36 AM

^

DirtShooter 04-18-2024 11:39 AM

Just make a free-for-all politics sub-forum and the forum will balance itself. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

jungleboy 04-18-2024 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtShooter (Post 4717585)
Just make a free-for-all politics sub-forum and the forum will balance itself. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Or get rid of political discussion altogether :)

Irina 04-18-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W921 (Post 4717539)

The mods don't want talk about religion here or the atheist police come fast!

jungleboy 04-18-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irina (Post 4717595)
The mods don't want talk about religion here or the atheist police come fast!

The mods don’t want talk about religion because it says right in the rules that it is not welcome here. The reason is because most can’t discuss it without it degrading into a gong show.

fishnguy 04-18-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleboy (Post 4717590)

I used to be opposed to that. Now not really sure why. After a post or two, it usually turns into the same go around with the same participants. Meh.

DirtShooter 04-18-2024 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleboy (Post 4717590)

My own thoughts, I think the user-base would decline furher.

Smoky buck 04-18-2024 12:14 PM

Wow did I make a mistake getting bored reading this

So just to make things clear

First Dewey read the last line in my post that was the point not looking for anyone to beg me to stay

Twisted Canuck no crap given regarding mods not my show. I have said many many times owners/mods can manage this place as they please. Everyone has a choice to post here or not there is no obligations

Jungle boy you nailed exactly why I decided to take a break. I realized I was wasting my time with useless toxic crap instead of exchanging with other outdoorsmen regarding hunting & fishing. It’s realizing that it’s not a positive use of my time. But I realize you were trying to dig at me not realizing this

But yeah I can see my choice was wise but my choice to lurk for a min was not

Now hopefully that clears up some of the drama speculations. Signing out and I can tell reading this forum for a minute is not a good idea

Fradaburidi 04-18-2024 12:19 PM

I thought you left.

traderal 04-18-2024 12:30 PM

It's like a bag of jalapeno chips you can't just have one, you keep going back.

huntinstuff 04-18-2024 12:30 PM

Sometimes there is a compulsion to comment. Someone asks "whats the best"....or "thinking of buying a Remington 710" and guys throw their comments out

That's why social media affects people, some to the point of blowing their brains out.

Political stuff gets heated. Highly unlikely arguing on the internet will change anyone's opinions, but some will try like it actually means something.

The debates on politics and religion are endless. Consider them entertainment as NONE OF IT will ever result in change. Never.

And if you post a pic of something, EXPECT someone to criticize it. Post it anyway.

If we all said "awesome" to every idea, picture and opinion on here we might as well wear flip flops, baggy shirts and shuffle along with our hands clasped behind our backs....