Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Globalfest Fireworks Show (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=188619)

Spidey 08-15-2013 11:14 PM

Globalfest Fireworks Show

We'll be in Cowtown this weekend and we're thinking of taking in Globalfest tomorrow. Can you just buy tickets at the gate? Is it worth the $60 admisison for a family of 4?

In case they sell out is there another location we could drive to to watch the fireworks?

pikergolf 08-15-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 2079347)
We'll be in Cowtown this weekend and we're thinking of taking in Globalfest tomorrow. Can you just buy tickets at the gate? Is it worth the $60 admisison for a family of 4?

In case they sell out is there another location we could drive to to watch the fireworks?

We took it in about 4 yrs ago as guests of the Totem tent, was the last night when the top countries squared off. I'm no fireworks expert but in my mind it was a spectacular show.

slough shark 08-15-2013 11:31 PM

They are great show, I used to watch it every year from the roof of my garage ( I lived in applewood) IMHO they are the best fireworks shows I've seen anywhere.

harrydude 08-16-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slough shark (Post 2079360)
They are great show, I used to watch it every year from the roof of my garage ( I lived in applewood) IMHO they are the best fireworks shows I've seen anywhere.

I take it you never seen the shows down in Vancouver

And. For buying tickets I am sure you can buy online

kritofr 08-16-2013 07:06 AM

If you get Downtown Calgary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 2079347)

Just picked up tickets for Sunday nights show while I was shopping at Map Town; they are selling tickets for the Festival this year.

They are located in the Rosyln Building on the corner of 5th Avenue and 3rd Street SW.

We took the kids last year and it was excellent. There is more than fireworks with tents set up representing different cultures and lots of good food.

Okotokian 08-16-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrydude (Post 2079460)
I take it you never seen the shows down in Vancouver

And. For buying tickets I am sure you can buy online

I've seen both. Vancouver's certainly has a better setting. However, I was in Vancouver this year when it wa on and I was surprised by how few countries were participating. Sounds like it's declining there from a decade ago. Calgary's is pretty good.

Yes it's worth the money, for the fireworks and all the other stuff at the site. But hey, I love food tents. LOL

thegunman 08-16-2013 09:46 AM

Definitely worth it!!! The fire works are pretty sweet there.

FishingMOM 08-16-2013 10:03 AM

Parking is a nightmare and expensive.
So either park way down 17th and walk or park close and just nap for an hour or so after the show in the car before you are able to get on the road again

Spidey 08-16-2013 10:34 AM

Thanks for the input everyone! Looks like we may not be getting into Calgary until close to when the fireworks start. Is there a place we could drive to and watch them nearby?

FishingMOM 08-16-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 2079741)
Thanks for the input everyone! Looks like we may not be getting into Calgary until close to when the fireworks start. Is there a place we could drive to and watch them nearby?

I would google elliston park,
Remember that the 4 roads bordering the park will either be completely blocked or almost completely blocked for pedestrian traffic.