Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking for fishing partner, ride, company, etc. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53384)

chloe. 08-18-2021 10:13 AM

I need to make fishing friends around Rocky Mountain House!

If anyone around Rocky Mountain house is looking for a fishing buddy I’m right here! I just got into fly fishing & I’m loving it!! I’d love to meet some local people that are up for adventuring, maybe walking some creeks!

Hustlr17 12-23-2021 04:38 AM

Looking for friends or a group to join who wants to go ice fishing near Calgary this Winter. I have most of the equipment but no vehicle..

:sign0161:

nimrod 12-30-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck posse (Post 528824)
anyone in the edmonton area heading out.. i have more than enough equip just no fuel for my auger...lol

Im heading out on Saturday and Sunday, but not to any big lakes, if you want to join me for trout in the Camrose area, pm me and lets get out fishing for the day.

Binati 01-26-2022 03:13 PM

Heading to sylvan noonish tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up. Don't think the wind will be as bad tomorrow but wouldn't hate someone with a tent. Got all the gear otherwise.

raw outdoors 03-24-2022 12:37 PM

I am looking for a partner. I am looking for hard core guys not a wishy washy maybe kinda guys. I’m not looking for freeloaders although I don’t mind people using my gear as long as it’s taken care of. I try to do half a dozen adventure trips every year every trip becomes more of an adventure than planned but that’s seems to be the normal when your in the wilderness. I am 35 and have a 10 year old that usually comes along. I fish northern Saskatchewan/ Manitoba drive to areas / Alberta / Montana/ Idaho, NZ, then set up an outfitters tent or pop up shelter or boat/canoe/snowmobile into remote areas tent camp in summer and winter. These trips are rewarding but also work. They involve chainsawing wood for cooking and heat. Setting up heavy outfitters tents. Portaging canoes cleaning fish. General camp maintenance launching boats on and off trailers. Packing up camp. Then the most important part that everyone disappears on is once a guy gets home cleaning and drying and organizing stuff. Things can get a little hairy like shallow water in the boats. Flood ice with snowmobiles. Bears in camp. Maybe even a tipped canoe from time to time. I need guys that are as safe as possible i don’t really drink on my trips maybe two beer once everything is buttoned up for the day( most trips I don’t pack any liquor.) I’m not a big fan a yahoos. Slow methodical and safe keeps people and equipment from breaking. Guys must have there own quality gear as there is not turning back if weather gets ****ty. ( sleeping bags, boots gloves, rain gear, winter clothes). Most places there is no service to call home to mom so your old lady is going to have to be without contact for the most part.
If you are interested in this type of adventure let me know. Don’t hesitate to ask me question. something I don’t like surprises once we are committed and balls deep.

I live south of Calgary.

RatherBFishn 05-28-2022 07:50 PM

Looking for Fishing Partner Edmonton

Hey folks, I am looking for a new fishing partner my old ones have all moved away over the years. :shark:

I am a very experienced fisherman, I have a basic boat and gear, looking for some good company and of course it doesn't hurt to have someone to split the gas especially these days.

I mostly fish in Alberta and vary around a bit, open to new ideas too. If your interested drop me a message and we can chat.

warriorboy10 06-02-2022 06:49 PM

Salmon Fishing

Looking for a 3rd to fish Prince Rupert. Leave June 27 for 7-8 days.

jts1 06-07-2022 03:06 PM

Wends June 8

Looks like we are giving the site one 1 more day to dry. So... I'm thinking perhaps I should spend the day fishing. Float or walk and wade don't matter to me..

Anything from the bow to a back woods stream.

Any takers?

35 whelen 12-29-2022 01:57 PM

Looking for fishing partners fish cold lake lots ,Slave Lake, have all the ice fishing gear except an auger . Prefer to go during the week but I have 20 days off a month so I can go mostly anytime thanks Randy

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Speckler 03-24-2023 10:04 AM

Heading to Lake Newell Sunday March 26.

I am leaving Queensland in Calgary (Deerfoot Tr.@Bow Bottom/Anderson) at 4:30am or thereabout. I have room for 1. My sled w/hut will be in the back. Not sure if I could get another in but plenty of room for a bucket full of ice fishing gear. If you want a ride let me know. I am a non smoker.

Erik:sHa_shakeshout:

swampy45 12-08-2023 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 whelen (Post 4594801)
Looking for fishing partners fish cold lake lots ,Slave Lake, have all the ice fishing gear except an auger . Prefer to go during the week but I have 20 days off a month so I can go mostly anytime thanks Randy

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Send me a message Randy! Where you based out of?

Jims83cj5 12-10-2023 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raw outdoors (Post 4503407)
I am looking for a partner. I am looking for hard core guys not a wishy washy maybe kinda guys. I’m not looking for freeloaders although I don’t mind people using my gear as long as it’s taken care of. I try to do half a dozen adventure trips every year every trip becomes more of an adventure than planned but that’s seems to be the normal when your in the wilderness. I am 35 and have a 10 year old that usually comes along. I fish northern Saskatchewan/ Manitoba drive to areas / Alberta / Montana/ Idaho, NZ, then set up an outfitters tent or pop up shelter or boat/canoe/snowmobile into remote areas tent camp in summer and winter. These trips are rewarding but also work. They involve chainsawing wood for cooking and heat. Setting up heavy outfitters tents. Portaging canoes cleaning fish. General camp maintenance launching boats on and off trailers. Packing up camp. Then the most important part that everyone disappears on is once a guy gets home cleaning and drying and organizing stuff. Things can get a little hairy like shallow water in the boats. Flood ice with snowmobiles. Bears in camp. Maybe even a tipped canoe from time to time. I need guys that are as safe as possible i don’t really drink on my trips maybe two beer once everything is buttoned up for the day( most trips I don’t pack any liquor.) I’m not a big fan a yahoos. Slow methodical and safe keeps people and equipment from breaking. Guys must have there own quality gear as there is not turning back if weather gets ****ty. ( sleeping bags, boots gloves, rain gear, winter clothes). Most places there is no service to call home to mom so your old lady is going to have to be without contact for the most part.
If you are interested in this type of adventure let me know. Don’t hesitate to ask me question. something I don’t like surprises once we are committed and balls deep.

I live south of Calgary.

Lol, you make it sound so appealing