Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UPS sucks...... (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=11086)

TheClash 01-31-2008 02:16 PM

UPS sucks......

i ordered some knife making supplies from the states..and the dealer was kind enough to upgrade me to UPS rather than US mail for free...how nice i thought...until i got a call from UPS telling me i had to pay 35 bucks brokerage fee to get it across the border.....crooks...next time i will take US mail and wait the fortnight or two...or three... to get my gear.....

CNP 01-31-2008 02:26 PM

Down with Brown

Upgrade lol. You going postal on us Clash? Yes, this comes up quite often.............do not use UPS for international shipments unless you want to pay the price. It can turn a good deal turn into a rotten deal once all the $ are added up.

TheClash 01-31-2008 02:28 PM

yup i contacted the dealer and let him know what happened..and he felt horrible. i imagine i will see some free wood scales show up in my mail at some time to make up for it. he is also going to put a disclaimer on the website for any other canadians that may be ordering......

wadeseward 01-31-2008 02:59 PM

Brokerage

I ordered 2 seperate things from from 2 different companies, within a few bucks of each other but over $20. One sent with DHL and got here within 3 days signed and left, the other from UPS come in 10 days (both ordered on the same day) and had a little note on my door that I had to pay brokerage of $19.99 after already paying $16.97 for shipping. Learned then not to buy from anywhere in the US or Ebay that only ships UPS.

wynyard 01-31-2008 03:22 PM

FedEx/UPS

Refer to the thread "Beware of FedEx charges" from a couple of weeks ago in the General Discussion forum started by Bobby B.

gramps73 01-31-2008 05:24 PM

Bought a jacket last year from the US same thing they told me they would upgrade me as well. Then got a bill from UPS for $45 for the duty and broker fees the same price as the jacket.
I read once on the board that "brown is the deal breaker"
What a true statement
Gramps

TreeGuy 01-31-2008 06:32 PM

Clash, you were misinformed. It's a brokerage fee at all. It is fact a levy by the Department of Homeland Security that applies to ALL Rippies after they seek to import wepons of mass creation into this vast hinterland!:lol:

Tree:evilgrin:

PS Ya gotta post some of those knife pics, man!

TheClash 01-31-2008 08:32 PM

rippies of the world unite!!!

i will post them when i finish.....i will be taking pics all along the process...

Drano 02-01-2008 02:42 AM

you know what UPS stands for?

Use Purolator Stupid....

Kelly & Beth 02-02-2008 12:22 AM

I bought a bedding set from Cabela's the summer, paid the brokerage fee at the time the order was placed. Got a call from ups saying that I needed to pay more and I said no Cabela's had it taken care of. So I was suppose to pay an extra $27 when I picked the item up, but didnt have to, cabela's refunded me the $27 that I would of paid out, and sent me a $20 gift certificate. I cant complain there thats for sure.
Beth

WildCats 02-02-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drano (Post 105648)

Use Purolator Stupid....

United Parcel Smashers