Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best turnaround time for bear taxidermy? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=281168)

sacan 02-22-2016 09:27 AM

Best turnaround time for bear taxidermy?

Just to be prepared and save myself some research. Who has the best work/turnaround time for bears close to Edmonton?

BuckFeverOutdoors 02-22-2016 09:32 AM

Shane Laye from Rangeline Taxidermy is the best in our opinion. The BuckFever boys actually just got some mounts back from him. We will be posting shortly and you can see for yourself the quality of work that he does.
www.rangelinetaxidermy.com

sacan 02-22-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckFeverOutdoors (Post 3150777)
Shane Laye from Rangeline Taxidermy is the best in our opinion. The BuckFever boys actually just got some mounts back from him. We will be posting shortly and you can see for yourself the quality of work that he does.
www.rangelinetaxidermy.com

Where is Rangeline Taxidermy?
Looking forward to seeing some mounts!

BuckFeverOutdoors 02-22-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacan (Post 3150785)
Where is Rangeline Taxidermy?
Looking forward to seeing some mounts!

He is close to Cadogan, AB. Really close to wainwright and provost

Akoch 02-22-2016 10:55 AM

x2. He did a my mule deer from this season when I went to pick it up almost a month ago I saw a couple of bears that he had done and a couple he was working on. Really great work, if the spring bear season brings me a big black bear that's where I would go.

Turn around time was unbelievable on my deer.

Grizzly Adams 02-22-2016 03:47 PM

Quality is way more important than turn around time. Quick turnaround time might indicate someone to avoid as well. the good good guys are very busy.

Grizz

Cowtown guy 02-22-2016 05:27 PM

I'm sorry but after looking at the gallery on that guys website there is no bloody way I'd be endorsing or taking my work there.
Some stuff is OK. At best. Other stuff looks like the deer are stoned. Smiling. Wrong eye shape. That one sheep's eyes look like no sheep eye I've ever seen before. A mulie with leg longer than the other (bad form modification or lack thereof). Geesh.
And let's not forget that this is the best stuff he has. Or at least it should be if that is what is on the website to promote the product. What left that didn't make the cut?

deerguy 02-22-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacan (Post 3150773)
Just to be prepared and save myself some research. Who has the best work/turnaround time for bears close to Edmonton?

Best work and quick turn around time do not go hand in hand. There are 2-3 sponsors on this forum that all do amazing work. Silver willow taxidermy and sugar creek taxidermy are both phenomenal shops, the other name escapes me right now.

boonedocks 02-22-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerguy (Post 3151386)
Best work and quick turn around time do not go hand in hand. There are 2-3 sponsors on this forum that all do amazing work. Silver willow taxidermy and sugar creek taxidermy are both phenomenal shops, the other name escapes me right now.

Artistic!!

BuckFeverOutdoors 02-23-2016 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowtown guy (Post 3151181)
I'm sorry but after looking at the gallery on that guys website there is no bloody way I'd be endorsing or taking my work there.
Some stuff is OK. At best. Other stuff looks like the deer are stoned. Smiling. Wrong eye shape. That one sheep's eyes look like no sheep eye I've ever seen before. A mulie with leg longer than the other (bad form modification or lack thereof). Geesh.
And let's not forget that this is the best stuff he has. Or at least it should be if that is what is on the website to promote the product. What left that didn't make the cut?

These are not my pictures..... Just a quick google... Enjoy

BuckFeverOutdoors 02-23-2016 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowtown guy (Post 3151181)

Same deal with this picture... Yet again, enjoy

Lefty-Canuck 02-23-2016 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonedocks (Post 3151434)
Artistic!!

I am not sure if Brian does bears unless they are a full or half mount.

LC

Cowtown guy 02-23-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckFeverOutdoors (Post 3151523)

And? These posts mean nothing.

sacan 02-23-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckFeverOutdoors (Post 3151523)

Haha well done!

Thanks for the info buckfever, I'll talk to him and get some prices.

boonedocks 02-23-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3151577)
I am not sure if Brian does bears unless they are a full or half mount.

LC

Good point, I somehow missed that this thread was about bears, my bad!!