Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ***Posting Pictures***- R E A D (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=191020)

Pixel Shooter 09-06-2013 12:45 PM

***Posting Pictures***- R E A D
 
Over time, we have seen a significant drop in members posting pictures due to a select few that feel the need to chastise, belittle or troll posts. Let us be the first to say that comments as such is N O T welcome and moving forward will NOT be tolerated. It is totally unacceptable, so be forewarned, we are NOT taking this lightly folks.

First kick at the cat for those who decide they know better will be instantly suspended, NO warnings, NO infractions, SUSPENDED! If this happens a second time, then we have the option to permanently banning. For those who are already treading on thin ice, we will go right to option #2.

It is a sad day that we as outdoorsmen cant share in the passion of the outdoors that we so love, be able to share in the camaraderie, journey and the excitement of the fruits of our labor. We all hope you will take this for a test drive and we encourage ALL our membership to take the leap of faith. If you as members see comments that do not share in the intent of the Ops post or decide to derail another great thread, report it if we don't see it first.

Hoping this is a big step in the right direction, now lets see those pictures :)

Redfrog 09-06-2013 12:48 PM

Excellent.:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

fishpro 09-06-2013 12:49 PM

Does this only include comments with a negative tone, or would it include any sort of comments on the handling of fish? Would a constructive comment be acceptable, or should this be kept to PMs only?

YeeHaw 09-06-2013 12:52 PM

Good call:)

riderprider 09-06-2013 12:53 PM

Awesome.

Pixel Shooter 09-06-2013 12:56 PM

Quite simple, if one is NOT asking for the advice, keep it to oneself, if one feels the need, use PM, not the thread. Any mudslinging in PM's, encourage Op to forward to a mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishpro (Post 2105766)
Does this only include comments with a negative tone, or would it include any sort of comments on the handling of fish? Would a constructive comment be acceptable, or should this be kept to PMs only?


Red Neck 09-06-2013 01:09 PM

:sHa_shakeshout:Lets all share the positive INTENT of this web site my brothers and sisters:bad_boys_20:
Red Neck Out:scared0018:

WayneChristie 09-06-2013 01:35 PM

Awe man you mean I have to upload pics again

bwackwabbit 09-06-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 2105849)
Awe man you mean I have to upload pics again

I for one, hope you do!

Fishfinder 09-06-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 2105849)
Awe man you mean I have to upload pics again

You don't Have to...just keep texting them to me!!hehe:sHa_shakeshout:
JK, not sure if u ever posted your sturgeon statue you created. Post that baby up, forum would love it, looked awesome I thought.

I've actually been thinking of putting up a compilation of pics from past year or so, just gotta kick myself in butt and do it. I'll see if Pixels attempt here makes some impact. Hope so, needed to be said...again. Thx Pix.:)

Kokanee9 09-06-2013 02:25 PM

Hopefully this doesn't need to be stickied to the top.

H380 09-06-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 2105849)
Awe man you mean I have to upload pics again

Keep em comin Wayne .

Alberta Bigbore 09-06-2013 05:27 PM

There is obvious discretion. Some post pics to troll... like a certain someones 8 pound Pigeon lake walleye that was a cropped photo from someone else catching it in Lake Erie claiming it as theyre own. :thinking-006::thinking-006:

jacenbeers 09-06-2013 07:31 PM

This is awesome and long overdue

MoFugger21 09-06-2013 11:00 PM

:47b20s0:

OneGirlWolfPack 09-06-2013 11:30 PM

That's awesome!

dodger 09-07-2013 06:46 AM

Moderators - slow clap...........

Dodger.

AdverseCity 09-07-2013 09:23 AM

It's been less then 24 hours since this post and the fishing forum is already becoming much more enjoyable to check out, thanks for getting us back to where we should be.

Cheers and tight lines everyone, I have a fishing partner for 3 days next week so I'll be able to share some better pictures.

Chris84 09-07-2013 10:09 AM

Thank you. This will make the forum once again enjoyable

Badback 09-07-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodger (Post 2106876)
Moderators - slow clap...........

Dodger.

Clap.........keep it going

WayneChristie 09-07-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badback (Post 2107661)
Clap.........keep it going

Met my ex too did ya ;)

Badback 09-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 2107690)
Met my ex too did ya ;)

lol

dodger 09-07-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 2107690)
Met my ex too did ya ;)

Quit joking around and catch the 21 you need for 200 tagged.

Dodger.

Geezle 09-08-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore (Post 2106193)
There is obvious discretion. Some post pics to troll... like a certain someones 8 pound Pigeon lake walleye that was a cropped photo from someone else catching it in Lake Erie claiming it as theyre own. :thinking-006::thinking-006:

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Darren N 09-08-2013 09:20 AM

Awesome - I had a picture of a nice pike I had just caught but was reluctant to post it. Will get my kids to do it now.

tallieho 09-08-2013 10:15 AM

can you post pictures direct from a s/phone? .moderators any recent directions on how to from a pc or s/phone would sure be greatfully appreciated. thanks

scel 09-08-2013 11:41 PM

Is this always a good idea?

It is a shame to see someone holding up a 30"+ bull trout by the gills.

Messageboards are a great sense of community, where we learn from each others successes and mistakes.

Are you sure there are no exceptions to these new rules?

fishpro 09-14-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scel (Post 2109598)
Is this always a good idea?

It is a shame to see someone holding up a 30"+ bull trout by the gills.

Messageboards are a great sense of community, where we learn from each others successes and mistakes.

Are you sure there are no exceptions to these new rules?

It's like you predicted that one isn't it?? http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=191929

BBT 09-18-2013 09:31 AM

I think we all should respect the recommendations of the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations in regards to proper fish handling.
http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fis...pful-info.html
Our tax and license moneys are going towards educating people on the proper way to handle fish but I feel this board is helping take a couple steps back by patting people on the back for their poor handling skills.
We need to look forward and protect what we have for the future. Not look back at the good old days. It was the good old days that has forced the protection of the Bull Trout.
I recommend the Moderators remove photos that are posted that donít meet the recommendations in the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations.
Respect the resource and the resource will provide us enjoyment for centuries to come.

Lornce 09-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBT (Post 2121587)
I think we all should respect the recommendations of the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations in regards to proper fish handling.
http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fis...pful-info.html
Our tax and license moneys are going towards educating people on the proper way to handle fish but I feel this board is helping take a couple steps back by patting people on the back for their poor handling skills.
We need to look forward and protect what we have for the future. Not look back at the good old days. It was the good old days that has forced the protection of the Bull Trout.
I recommend the Moderators remove photos that are posted that donít meet the recommendations in the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations.
Respect the resource and the resource will provide us enjoyment for centuries to come.

Extremely well said. Unless we monitor proper fish handling habits and educate others in respectable ways to handle fish our sport is in jeopardy. We all need to be stewards of the sport.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.