Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Giving deer nightmares (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=233896)

waterninja 10-22-2014 07:09 AM

Giving deer nightmares

Tuesday morning found me in ground blind 1 hour before legal light. Beautifull morning for sitting, warm and dead still. Little more than 1 hour later decided to stretch, so did a slow 360 degree scan of area and was standing still looking south and day dreaming about the camo pattern I should design for ground blind. heard what I thought was the sounds of heavy wings beating the air and as it got closer slowly turned towards sound expecting to see a large crow fly overhead. Turns out it was a large mature doe that happened to be marching steadily and stopped 8 feet away when i moved my head. I know what was going through my mind as we looked in each others eyes, but what she was thinking is beyond me. Twice in as many weeks!!!!
Haven't arrowed anything since my first buck almost a month ago but I'm surely traumatising a few. I'm sure those deer must have nightmares about looking at my mug at point blank range.

L.O.S.T.Arrow 10-22-2014 08:25 AM

:D We call that getting "busted"... with yer pants down...lol

Getting busted is a part of bowhunting ...unless you are sleeping and not blinking or moving it will happen!!

But try to minimize that ...lol

Neil

SCHOOCH 10-22-2014 09:38 AM

I Fell asleep in my treestand before 1st light one time (too many night before with land owner and not a big drinker excuse) and proceeded to snore my head off which was what actually woke me up. Looked down after wiping the drool off my face and had 7 whitetail does all looking straight up at me wondering wth i was doing.......sorry best busted story i have.

waterninja 10-22-2014 11:10 AM

Pants down is right, and Ive been busted and snorted at about 8 times this year, but I'm talking about 2 deer that I could reach out and almost touch! Think I would rather have fallen asleep instead of what happened. lol

SonofDixie 10-24-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHOOCH (Post 2587637)
I Fell asleep in my treestand before 1st light one time (too many night before with land owner and not a big drinker excuse) and proceeded to snore my head off which was what actually woke me up. Looked down after wiping the drool off my face and had 7 whitetail does all looking straight up at me wondering wth i was doing.......sorry best busted story i have.

HAHAHAH... man thats funny. They probably thought you were one H of a horny buck. Lol

Lefty-Canuck 10-25-2014 08:09 AM

I fell asleep on a trail while Bowhunting once.... sat down and leaned back on my pack...woke up to a thumping noise, was laying on my face with my arms crossed and both were asleep so I couldn't get up....all disoriented I look and a doe with a fawn was thumping the ground about 10 yards from me. They were pretty safe as I would not of shot and there was no way I could have shot.

A bit embarrassing...thank goodness no one knows about it!

LC

catnthehat 10-25-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterninja (Post 2587435)
Haven't arrowed anything since my first buck almost a month ago but I'm surely traumatising a few. I'm sure those deer must have nightmares about looking at my mug at point blank range.

I've met you and yes, your ugly mug would give anything nightmares!!:thinking-006::sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

Thinlizzy 10-25-2014 07:30 PM

:)

waterninja 10-25-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 2591148)
I've met you and yes, your ugly mug would give anything nightmares!!:thinking-006::sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

Thanks cat. Think my wife agrees with you.

YeeHaw 10-25-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 2591148)
Cat

X10:sHa_sarcasticlol:

L.O.S.T.Arrow 10-27-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterninja (Post 2591886)
Thanks cat. Think my wife agrees with you.

:D We have these masks called spandoflauge...form fitting, many camo colors, material breaths but keeps bugs off....

May NOT help with the deer...but maybe the wife will think yer a kewl looking ninja !!!!

lol

Neil