Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Auger Oil (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=395123)

WayneChristie 02-12-2021 10:58 AM

Auger Oil

I need to change the oil in my 4 stroke propane auger. Looking online at one of the fishing stores, Jiffy Oil is 10.95 for a 6 ounce bottle of synthetic. CT has snowmobile oil on sale same weight, 0W-40 synthetic at 7.93 for a 32 ounce jug. Just another case of branding raising prices to an unrealistic cost! :argue2: cant bitch too much about Jiffy after they replaced my fuel hose last season for free and saved me over 40 dollars. :sHa_shakeshout: See you on the lake next week, going to be a fish every day kinda time from the looks of the weather! Mammas are getting fat, time to break some PB'S!!!:fighting0074:

TROLLER 02-12-2021 01:42 PM

Went to Bass to buy oil for my Merc 4 stroke. Price was almost double what I paid for synthetic at the parts store.

calgarygringo 02-12-2021 03:22 PM

Opti 2 for the win. Buy it at most of the outdoor man toys stores. One mix does all your toys and easy to mix. Buy the size you want and away you go and put it in any of your toys. I use the small 5l jugs so just buy the small packet that you dump in made for that amount of gas and no muss no fuss. You can buy quarts and gallons too but that would do a ton of fills as you only need a small amount. Been using it as long as I can remember and longer than I have known you and that goes way back. LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 4330233)
I need to change the oil in my 4 stroke propane auger. Looking online at one of the fishing stores, Jiffy Oil is 10.95 for a 6 ounce bottle of synthetic. CT has snowmobile oil on sale same weight, 0W-40 synthetic at 7.93 for a 32 ounce jug. Just another case of branding raising prices to an unrealistic cost! :argue2: cant bitch too much about Jiffy after they replaced my fuel hose last season for free and saved me over 40 dollars. :sHa_shakeshout: See you on the lake next week, going to be a fish every day kinda time from the looks of the weather! Mammas are getting fat, time to break some PB'S!!!:fighting0074:

stubblejumper01 02-13-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgarygringo (Post 4330373)
Opti 2 for the win. Buy it at most of the outdoor man toys stores. One mix does all your toys and easy to mix. Buy the size you want and away you go and put it in any of your toys. I use the small 5l jugs so just buy the small packet that you dump in made for that amount of gas and no muss no fuss. You can buy quarts and gallons too but that would do a ton of fills as you only need a small amount. Been using it as long as I can remember and longer than I have known you and that goes way back. LOL.

Is that just two stroke oil or do they make four stroke oil too as the OP was looking for.

kevinhits 02-13-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 (Post 4330845)
Is that just two stroke oil or do they make four stroke oil too as the OP was looking for.

I was thinking the same thing. I got a new propane auger this winter and sold my gas Jiffy. Propane takes only oil, so no mixing with gas.

EZM 02-13-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgarygringo (Post 4330373)

Opti 2 wouldn't be a win in this case.

It's a propane auger.

The oil is for the crankcase not for mixing.

kevinhits 02-13-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZM (Post 4330926)

It's a propane auger.

See my post above...

calgarygringo 02-14-2021 08:23 AM

I guess not. Missed the propane in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZM (Post 4330926)

It's a propane auger.