Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Low can the Eskies go (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=68843)

sourdough doug 09-09-2010 05:04 PM

How Low can the Eskies go

Word has it that the EE are considering hiring Eric Stillman to replace the long overdue departed Moo Cha Chew as the new GM.. Must be on the advice of the present CEO...:sign0161:

Dead Moose 09-09-2010 05:09 PM

Well they are ..

the EE or Evil Empire and do play in DUMPSVILLE>

Walleyes 09-09-2010 05:21 PM

As far as I have read it is just a consideration at this point but it may come to be.. Its not like things can get any worse for us at this point..

And Dead Moose,, really could you get any more childish ?? how old are you about 10 ???

Okotokian 09-09-2010 05:21 PM

Someone tell Esks management it's NOT the same as the Oilers and the NHL draft. They aren't going to get any huge prize in drafting first!!!!!!!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 09-09-2010 05:21 PM

I think there are several people in line for that job . I personally think Warren moon would be a perfect fit for the job . That guy knows the game inside and out .

Walleyes 09-09-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN (Post 676735)
I think there are several people in line for that job . I personally think Warren moon would be a perfect fit for the job . That guy knows the game inside and out .

I have high hopes for Warren Moon to come do the job but in all reality does He need it.. I am sure Warren is doing fine and this would be a big undertaking..

At the start of this the Esk's management said that this time around they wanted an Eskimo to hold the rains,, we will see..

hal53 09-09-2010 05:31 PM

still hard to believe the off. co-ordinator is still there, doesn't take a nuclear physicist to see they went really into the tank mid-way thru' last year when Danny M. hired his "buddy" obviously he has no respect in the room, or on the field with the players...sad really...and no I dont think Warren would move back here to inherit that mess,or maybe with the title of CEO and GM???

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 09-09-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleyes (Post 676739)
I have high hopes for Warren Moon to come do the job but in all reality does He need it.. I am sure Warren is doing fine and this would be a big undertaking..

At the start of this the Esk's management said that this time around they wanted an Eskimo to hold the rains,, we will see..

they had a phone interview with him and he is very interested in coming to Edmonton .

firegod74 09-09-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN (Post 676735)

I have nothing against Warren Moon. And totally agree with his knowledge of the game. However my concern with players that become coaches that everybody jumps jumps on the wagon because they love them as a player. A manager is a completely different role. I hope he is as good a businessman as he was a player. Otherwise this could turn into an ugly mark at the end of a great carreer.

I consider myself a fairly decent hunter. I know that doesn't qualify me to head SRD.

unclebuck 09-09-2010 06:04 PM

Even the left guard on the Roughriders bench(the waterboy)could so a better job of managing the EE!!!!

LongDraw 09-09-2010 06:22 PM

I was doing some work in Edmonton today and when I came back to my truck from lunch someone had smashed in my drivers side window.. :mad0100:

Once I calmed down, took a deep breath and opened the door I noticed the culprits left 2 tickets on the seat for this Fridays game...:lol:

sourdough doug 09-09-2010 07:20 PM

The point I was attempting to raise, in Stillman as a GM, was the reason why he is no longer with the Roughies.. As a publicly run operation, what kind of logic permits the "People" heading up this gong show to even "consider" him. If that is their mindset, it's no wonder we are in the pickle we are...
How soon we forget, unless it was one of our family members

TreeGuy 09-09-2010 07:49 PM

Doug, I'm in agreement with you. Eric Tillman has a fine CFL football mind without a doubt, but he is also a child molester. (http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...TorontoNewHome)

Until he has fully repaid his debt to society (and then some), I would not have him as an employee. There are more important things in life than winning at any cost.

RandyBoBandy 09-09-2010 10:45 PM

He has NO CRIMINAL RECORD - he received the most minor disposition the court is able to give. The parents of this girls said that they were "surprised" that the case went so far. It was a "media event". He did not rape and plunder, did not strangle, did not drink blood. Our justice system says that you receive your court disposition, satisfy the court and return to society as a fully paid up member. The comments made about Tillman are outrageous, uninformed and embarrassing. I'm just sayin'

ishootbambi 09-09-2010 10:48 PM

^^^^ yeah, and he's a ginger to boot. and i think the op meant eric tillman right? its irrelevant at this point. the players on the field are capable, but they have proven beyond all doubt that they are not going to play for ritchie hall.

TreeGuy 09-10-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLeahy (Post 677093)
He has NO CRIMINAL RECORD - he received the most minor disposition the court is able to give. The parents of this girls said that they were "surprised" that the case went so far. It was a "media event". He did not rape and plunder, did not strangle, did not drink blood. Our justice system says that you receive your court disposition, satisfy the court and return to society as a fully paid up member. The comments made about Tillman are outrageous, uninformed and embarrassing. I'm just sayin'

So you feel that he has done nothing wrong then?

TreeGuy 09-10-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishootbambi (Post 677097)
^^^^ yeah, and he's a ginger to boot. and i think the op meant eric tillman right? its irrelevant at this point. the players on the field are capable, but they have proven beyond all doubt that they are not going to play for ritchie hall.

Can you further extrapolate on how tillman's pigmentation/recessive genes have anything to do with.....well, ANYTHING?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 09-10-2010 12:05 AM

Tillman might not of been charged and if they sign him to a contract as a General manager I will NOT Support that team . I dont associate myself with pedophiles . Guilty or not .

ishootbambi 09-10-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeGuy (Post 677158)
Can you further extrapolate on how tillman's pigmentation/recessive genes have anything to do with.....well, ANYTHING?

sorry tree...that was for you...and i forgot to add this. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
you know im playin with ya!

pitw 09-10-2010 07:43 AM

Man it's just like banana's in that organization eh. They are in bunch's, all yellow and bent.

sco22 09-10-2010 10:48 AM

The Esk's are a community owned team and as such, no matter how much Eric Tillman knows about the game and how he could potentially improve it, his past will absolutely preclude him from being the new GM. It has to. Notwithstanding the downplaying both the victim's family and Tillman did, it was still wrong and the fans could not accept it.

As for Warren Moon, he may well know the game and his name would bring credibility, I just don't see him as the right person for the GM position. Surely Matt Dunigan knows the game and look how well that experiment worked out. I would rather see Tom Higgins back in that role.

The biggest problem with the Eskimos now is the instability. Changes coaches and the GM in the first 6 games, no matter how bad the team is, does not save that season. Now you have to look at the CEO and Chairman of the organization and lay the fault at their feet. Both are not football people and the Eskimos have clearly not developed anyone in house as a potential GM replacement. Ed Hervey? How you could leave a team dangling like that is beyond me.

I am an Eskies fan through and through, but this is messy. It will get worse too. Tillman would take the one shred of optimism, that being the devotion of Eskies fans, and toss it into this mess too.

Cheers.

ishootbambi 09-10-2010 11:46 AM

^^^ matt dunigans time in calgary was not a good example of his knowledge or ability to coach a football team. he was not allowed to make any decisions, but rather was told what to do and how to do it by an owner worse than mark cuban. remember dunigan being forced to deal with the owners kid who couldnt start on a high school team but daddy wanted him playing pro? it was very sad to see what happened in that whole deal and dunigan may never get another chance because of it. who knows, he might be so jaded as to never want another chance.

LongDraw 09-10-2010 11:57 AM

Look on the bright side Eskies fans!

You can't lose more than 9 games in the second half of the season..:lol:

sourdough doug 09-10-2010 12:06 PM

sco22 - I totally agree with you on all counts , especially in regards to the CEO. He covers up with both hands pretty good but then he always did, even b4 jumping on the Eskies band wagon.
And ISBambi, the S-Tillman was a tongue in cheek sorta thing but the whole post kinda took off in the wrong direction and was then redirected.
Thanks Tree for the reference posted..

tbiddy 09-10-2010 02:13 PM

You can read the Tillman court case here:

http://www.canlii.org/en/sk/skpc/doc...2010skpc2.html

These are the facts outlined by the court. I won't argue right or wrong as it as been beat to death on these websites:

www.esksfans.com
www.riderfans.com

As a huge die hard Rider fan, I would hate to see Tillman go to the Esks. Tillman built the Rider team that won a Grey Cup and if it hadn't been for a huge counting error would have won a 2nd Grey Cup in 3 years. He will turn around the Esks and I love to see them wallowing in the basement. Makes up for all the years they fed us our lunch. The only delight I will take in him being hired is all the blow hards that say they won't support the team anymore if Tillman is hired. I am sure a winning season and possibly a Grey Cup will change that attitude in a hurry.