Thread: Walleye Draw
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 08:18 PM
jrs

Default Re: Future

Hey, if anyones going to complain about costs of fishing look at angling in other areas. For the diversity of opportunities and liberal (didn't mean to use the evil word their) harvest regs, we pay what? $24 a year or something like that? My extended family came from Europe and thought that was a joke, where they lived in Germany you had to belong to a fishing club and could fish one or two pieces of water on regular intervals (basically gravel pit flooded with trout thrown in). Costed thousands of dollars a year and was a sport only the very rich could afford. We have it pretty darn good. Even look at BC and some of the licence costs there. Worse for out of provincers but still not dirt cheap for residents. Think what you'd be willing to pay a year to go fishing before you quit. I know if licences went up to $200 a year tommorrow i'd still buy one. Still better than if my body ever degenerates enough for me to become a golfer. :lol
My opinion but just look around and realize we're going to have to forfeit some opportunities for angling to continue.