View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Gone Hunting

Well sounds like a couple guys got caught breaking the rules. Happens everyday. we actually pay people to catch the rule breakers. Sorry no sympathy here. The regs are free. Anyone who is fishing is responsible to understand and follow them.

No English? What language did you expect? If I went to France, Germany or any where else I planned to emigrate to, I would have an idea what the working language was and if the citizen requirement says a working knowledge then I'd expect to be responsible to learn enough to follow the regs and function in my new country. No surprise there.

It sounds like with the request on how to reduce the charges and the excuse of not being able to learn a working knowledge of English in many years that the laws only apply to some people and not others.

I understand your father worked hard, so did Mine and many others. Doesn't give anyone a free pass. We actually expect people to work hard and make a better life. That doesn't make you special, it makes you a citizen.

I also know everything is not black or white but if your dad had met his first obligation, to learn English, then he wouldn't have troubles with the second. Two kids in University and no one can help him learn enough English to get by? HMMMM?

And yes if I wanted to move some where else I would be learning the language.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand