View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Mathews, my point was that there was all kinds of wild speculation in the beginning by many board members and much of that speculation was wrong. Now, most of those people are operating with the facts which is a good thing. It makes them sound less like chicken little and more like an informed sportsmen......who do you think the government will listen to?

I'm not saying the facts have changed at all...it's just many people weren't aware of them in the beginning but now are....it's pretty simple to me.....I don't see any spin doctoring there.

If your ego got a bit bruised in the beginning because you were shouting about things you knew nothing about and you got vcorrected, get over it. Now you have the facts and are offering an informed opinion...that is something to be listened to and admired.

Why are some people so afraid of the facts...sheesh and why does clarifying misinformation with the facts suddenly put you on the opposite side of the debate? I've been around this block more times than I care to admit and a group of sportsmen armed with the facts is a very powerful lobby indeed. A bunch of sportsmen going off half cocked won't get the time of day.

There's some of you so desperate to put me on the other side of this debate that it's clouding your judgement and constantly deflecting attention from the real issues but for whatever reason, you are just so concerned about what old sheep thinks that you can't focus. Well why not leave old sheep alone and start focusing...this is getting pathetic.

Maybe read what calgarychef wrote above...some sage advice I'd say!
I agree there is nothing worse than someone going off half cocked without first having the facts. The BIG difference is this is a discussion board, not a formal conduit such as a letter, email, association position paper, etc, to SRD and the Government. This is what discussion boards are for! As well, nothing has changed as far as the info we have recieved! It is human nature to speculate on the "what If's", and perfectly justifyable on a discussion board. You have stated numerous times that you do not want to get pulled into this debate, and people are trying to put you on the other side of the debate? HUH.... You are part of the discussion, hence your posts. I am sure you have given a few a sober second thought before they go off "half cocked" with their input, thanks for that. For the most part we have been discussing what we now know as the facts of the Pilot project, which have been all along.

At this point there is no value in calling out bruised ego's, chicken littles, etc...

I am sure we are on the same side of this issue for the most part, so lets keep this thing on the tracks, ok?