View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
Mr WB, aka cut and paste, you are a dangerous man to the outdoors, your attitude of Demand, and not ask, will definately get you denial . We attempt to teach our young hunters respect, this does not fit into that category
"Tell them politely that you will be accessing the land, If they say no, ask Why."

I did not say demand. There is nothing to demand. The legislation does not say "permission" is required for a reason. The legislation says to inform the Leasholder of your intent to access the Public Land following the accepted Access Management plan for that property. My list of steps is point form. Please expand the actual words YOU use to be polite and respectful at all times.

I understand and agree with your concern regarding respect. This is a two way street.

The only Public Lease land I have ever had an issue with the leasholder with my approach is a property that the Leaseholder refuses access to everyone except an Outfitter. The Leaseholder told me to go buy a tag from the outfitter if I wanted to hunt this Public Land. All eight neighboring leaseholders were happy to have me hunt on their leases. Experience tells me that my approach is not disrespectful.

Regarding the Outfitter access only Leaseholder, It was amusing how he finally said "Go ahead" when he realized I knew what the laws are and I was willing to stand up for our Public Access Rights.