View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:12 PM

Ok I can't stand it, I'll spill the beans. Try a white tube jig or white regular single tailed jig but ensure you use power bait jig/tube bodies on lime green jig heads. One foot above the jig head tie on a royal coachman SIZE #6 . For bait use smelts cut in half which better imitates minnows (YOU CANNOT USE MINNOWS THERE), and put 2-3 maggots on the fly. Bounce the crap out of the jig on the bottom and then let it sit for 30 secs or so, sometime you just have to keep it very still to get them to bite though. The fly usually catches whites but I also have caught some of my biggest lakers on the flys. There are a couple of good producing spots this time of year. One is straight out from the driftwood boat launch towards the middle of the lake in 45-55 feet of water and you must be anchored. The other is way down the lake just in front of the dam 20 feet from shore and again anchor your boat. I would imagine I'll get clobbered for this reply here but I believe in helping people and staying positive about helping people which I believe was the basis for this forum.

Have fun and please put the big ones back once you have taken your pictures and measurements of the big fish as it takes these fish a long time to grow and these are the fish that create next years crop!!!!

cheers
Goose