Thread: Bass? Alberta?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Chubb, when the best arguement you can muster is that two wrongs make a right, you are on pretty shaky ground.

No, bass aren't native to BC nor were they legally stocked.

What is the point of the experiement? Good science and human growth, come on, I snorted cup a soup on my keyboard over that one.

From what I've seen no one has yet to offer a valid reason for this experiment other than they are bored.
Too find a alternate to a trout stocking program that fails on many levels......
Tell me the Browns in the Bow is a bad thing....they are suited well for the water conditions....they have more intelligence than any Bully....which has been a major down fall of its population.
I snorted pepsi when you posted Go to BC
I understand peacock bass would be a wasted experiment from what i understand.....but variety is possible i believe.
If nothing the experiment done correctly will end the debate and we will all be wiser from it.
I still say try a warm water res. in southern alberta.
I used to have the go some where else attitude also....i told the boys in the quality trout thread to go to BC for trophy trout. But after some thought that hardly says good about AB.
It diversifies OUR fishery and expands oppertunitues for AB anglers....especially for the majority of licence buying anglers that cat afford to leave the province to fish