Thread: Bass? Alberta?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Perhaps you misunderstood my question. I was asking for studies on lakes with populations of pike, perch and walleye where bass populations did not previously exist and I was speaking of smallmouth. They are far more tolerant of cold water than largemouth. If there are 200-300 million studies out there, you think one would have popped up on Google. If you could point me to one or two of those billions I'd be very appreciative. All that Google keeps spitting out at me is studies that indicate how stocked smallmouth negatively effect trout populations. Perhaps they can venture into colder water than you believe?
We all know that they introduced smallmouths into some lakes in Alberta but i've yet to find an article showing any negative effects on native. Perhaps i'm missing it some place if you know of any article could you possibly post a link. I have sent e-mails to SRD and my wild alberta and have received nothing other than an acknowledgment of my e-mail. any incite you could give would be appreciated.