View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Read the whole thread just now, like a lot of others, couldn't bite my tongue.

My concensis: I need to practice!!!

But in reality, I'm not a very good shot, I shoot to 60, about a 4 inch group with my gear on, on a good day. Longest shot I think between 50 and 60 on an animal. Wouldn't even think about making a long bomb. Other than the 2 kills outside 30, the rest have been inside 20. I've been shooting the bow for going on 6 seasons, and I have wounded a doe - from 18 yards. Inhumane? Absolutely! I dealt with it, I made a mistake, and HOPEFULLY I won't make the same mistake again. Looking back on it; I think I would have recovered her had I gave her more time - young, dumb, inexperienced and impatient on my part. Shot her center mass, not quite high enough to get in above the brisket, arrow deflected, and somewhat penetrated below her shoulder.

I have however shot (2) moose, with METAL INSIDE THEM. 1 bull whereas I found a broadhead and about 4 inches of shaft just above his spine (hit no bone mass or deflected), and one cow wheras I found a broadhead in her shoulder with 2 inches of shaft (hit a bit of bone). Darn it - who ever those shooters were - I hate to break it to you; but your arrow simply didn't have enough energy left. (despite what all the perfect scenario practise, kinetic energy, and top of the line fast shooting equipment.)

Almost a guarantee those guys are in on this "long range archery" thread though... and would never admit how many animals they have wounded.