Thread: Bass? Alberta?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
You obviously didn't read any of the links, because you still don't understand the precautionary principle.

And as far as having to do a lot of research, some of those links came from.... get ready... that obviously unreliable Wikipedia article... you know, the one that was fully referenced.

You choose to ignore good science in the quest to promote a selfish agenda of stocking non-native species in Alberta.

That may be acceptable by sportsmen and women in Eastern Canada, it is NOT acceptable by conservation minded sportsmen and women in Alberta.

I was going to respond to this earlier but took some time to cool down. Where do you get the audacity to come on to an open sportsman forum and degrade another group of sportsman that you know nothing about I will definitely pass your comments along you disgust me you can not shake my opinion so you go after innocent people and try to draw the rest of the Alberta sportsmen and women in the hole with you. If it was up to me you would be banned for such a statement.

You have flip flopped on this subject so much at the start you said you had all this scientific information on how harmful introducing smallmouth in Alberta would be after repeated requests for this information and your failure to be able to produce it then you flopped over to precautionary principle. Which requires NO burden of proof how convenient. But this principle only is used if there has been no tests on the situation done well guess what Bass were already introduced in to Alberta with no impact on native fish And if you check post 340 thanks to you its a link that shows there would be no impact on native species. So you can continue to beat a dead horse BUT it won't be this one.