View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
Cutthroat...
In your posr I read........

I won't hunt with someone that will take a rifle shot at an animal outside of what we feel they are capable of with predictable success and I would not hunt with someone that would do so with a bow............
This is the real problem. What make you able to tell who has the right abilities to judge what a person can do??? I bet if Shawn cardlock was to hunt with you you would not tell him how far to shoot. You probably dont even know who he is....

Other than that you are correct in your post..
Justin - I can only assume you mean Shawn Carlock (not Cardlock). Apparently I know who he is.

Please reread my post - I don't say "what I feel they are capable of" - I say what "we" feel they are capable of. I talk with my hunting partners about their feelings about the laws, regulations, and their capabilities as well as mine before we hunt together. If I see something I don't like while hunting together I will discuss it with that person and I expect they would do the same with me. If after that we are still on a different page - we won't hunt together anymore. Otherwise - I'm glad you agree with my post.

BTW - I would likely allow Carlock to be part of my hunting party - but I don't know him well enough to say.

cutthroat