View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Ludicious examples of extremes or fear mongering tactics......it like the mosquitoes ones kills will hardly endanger the species.
City's spend millions to kill them and they never go extinct.
SRD has spent huge amounts of tax revenue to control suckers in our waters, many times killing every fish in the lake...non sport and sport in hopes it brings back balance.
Never once did i say that we should kill them to exstintion, but we have some lakes that have progressively taken a turn for the worst concerning suckers. If your passion and expertise is catching suckers, then i think your in for a real treat.
To say they are a important part of the food chain when predator fish are being pushed out is some thing i cant agree with. The suckers function as part of the food chain relies on that young suckers are contolled by predators before the majority of them growup. Enough suckers make it to spawn to continue the cycle.
When enormous schools of large suckers start to devour sportfish eggs and the millions of juivinile suckers out compete other young fish for territory and food the balance is now not in the sportfishes favour.
Beavauis, payne, chain are prime examples of how hard it is to control these fish.
I agree with Vhub on this one.