View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Bit of a derailment here. Should we take it to a new thread?
No this is perfect, it's kinda the point on the renaming of both RMW and LW.

September and moreso October I used to stand on the Sheep River overpass and point out where in the school of whites the trout were and yell down and point out to my dad or cousin or an old italian guy (yes an old italian guy). The school which I've posted before was of a density from shore to shore and up and downstream as far as you could look,, it was a dark charcoal gray. When you would wade, they'd bump into your legs. Limit was 15, possession 30 (I'll go dig up some old regulations and reprint them here). Then a couple of years later it was like they vanished from those waters and all other holes. The trout weren't as abundant as one would think but I caught my first trout from the sheep, we called it a dolly varden then, it was a bull trout a little guy who fought like a Coho, had two other hooks in his mouth,, I ate him. I caught a 16" RMW in the Bow last year that I rank as a fight half way between a Rainbow and a Brown Trout, leaning more to Rainbow,, when I thought she was tuckered out she would turn and drag me back out to the big flow, over and over and over again, nice and intense.