View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
That's the stuff! I've used it before on my speed boat and it worked great. I bought everything at Can Tire. I used the beige colored rock guard in a can, not the black one, and I sprayed over the UV400. There wasn't allot to spray over though, I basically filled the gap and took the extra off with a wet finger. I rockguarded above the rivets to about an inch below the seam......about 2" in total? Not only at the seams but also the 3 stabilizing fins (I don't know the right word for them). I shopped for "special" metal/aluminum paint but a professional told me that any metal paint was fine. I can't remember the brand but it was in quart cans in the automotive dept in Can Tire. The colour that I used was BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC.......oh la la!

Everything was done on the outside of the boat and next year I'll have a look at doing something with the inside and I'm definitely going to repaint the trailer.

I left out one very important point..........After taking the wire wheel to it I primed the whole boat and I had to re-prime the rockguard after I put it on. I can't remember how many cans (2 maybe 3?) but it was just a very light coat. That was on the advice of the same professional.

Yeah, I stumbled upon a fantastic deal! The boat is out at my camper right now but when I go out I'll take some pictures to post up.

Awesome! Thanks again for the help. Looking forward to seeing pics of your rig.
Once I get this bad-boy sealed up Im going to put a little bit of a deck on the front with a pedestal seat for flyfishing... maybe a couple rod holders...some drink holders... pimp it out