View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Sounds like a heck of a trip monster I hope you guys have a great time it should be something to remember for a life time..

Just a note on the caution side,, I know a couple guys from home that have done that trip more than once and it is fun but it can be interesting.. One thing is they say that the delta is quite something to navigate and a person can get easily turned around and or lost in the maze of trenches and channels a G.P.S can be invaluable in that place.. Also when you get out onto the lake if you travel any distance there is the possibility of the weather turning sour and you may have to spend more time out there than intended.. Just be prepared to wait out any bad weather Lake Athabasca is nothing to play around with when its bad its bad and you will not win a fight with it.. The last time the fellows went they had to wait an extra 3 days to let it calm enough to get back to the river..

I do not want to scare or discourage you from going but just to be cautious and be prepared and don't be brave be smart.. Good luck and have fun...