Thread: Marmish Rods?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
I got to agree with Chubb here I have fishes perch in ponds lakes and great lake if you think they all fish the same then sorry you don't know as much about perch as people think.
You are right on many points. Catching fish successfully is often based more upon the variety of tactics one can employ.

I have fished perch from Baptiste down to Mcgregor. Other spots include lower mann or upper...can't remember which, Narrow, Baptiste, Pigeon, South Buck, Wabamun...ummm...I know I am missing a few...still not all there are in Alberta but enough to know I have enough tricks up my sleeve to fish for them. Still...what I know best about fishing is I know very little...cause we can't read fishes brains yet. So I do learn something every time I go out. AK47 showed me the marmish and while I don't use it all the time...I do pull it out when needed. Interesting thing is...like any rod...you have to use this one in a certain way to make it most effective. People that have used it and scoffed...should probably watch and imitate those that do extremely well before discounting it.

Fishermen know that on any given day fish can behave differently. AK47 is a really good perch fisherman who has fish tournament in lots of places.

No one is saying AK47 can do as phenomenally on other lakes as with this one...and while for some...their skill is very limited...AK47 has a very good style that is transferable elsewhere based upon my experience and observation. Also...AK47 is a very nice guy...I have seen him out a lot...he does not brag...does not show off and is very low key. You however get very, very frustrated watching him pull up perch after perch some days. Definitely the most effective perch tool but also not the only one.