Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Anyone know how the fishing was during the last two tournaments at Travers? Were the fish really pounded in the post spawn? Was there horrific damage done. Doubtful. Cant really say for sure last year, but the year before there wasnt even a whole lot of fish caught by guys that can really catch fish!

And yes there are other spawning areas.

I dont have a problem protecting the fish if they need it. And Im not convinced that they need the protection some on here are suggesting.

I have been around awhile, both in tournaments and recreational fishing. Fishing in the spring does impact the fishing but show me some evidence that they are in trouble or even heading for trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny42 View Post
huntsfurfish, I fished the travers tourny last summer, no walleye were caught upstream or west of the boat dock, and in 2011 the bulk of the walleye were caught on the main part of the res, east of the coalbanks.

So because you were not able to devastate the walleye in the west arm that means it ok to continue that is the most ridicules point that has been make on this thread yet. The way you look at things that means we don't need to protect any areas until we have already caused "HORRIFIC DAMAGE"your words. I'm sure glad you are not the person managing the fishery......