View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Default SuperSlam Of North America 29 Completed

Fellas i just returned home from my sitka island blacktail hunt and i was successful in harvesting the deer, This completes the super 29 for me as i have hunted every noted animal in north america now.
First off i want to thank alberta outdoorsman for the continuous support in relaying information and the outstanding information a person can receive from this website.
My wife and kids,Darien and Shelby have been extemely supportive through the whole journey with me beyond and above, I thank them for this.

I publically wrote about my journey over the last 7 years of seriously going for the north american 29 becasue i strongly beleive if people can see the different animals and storys of them animals it might drive people to different adventures.

I will be the youngest person in the world to ever accomplish this and the only reason i was able to was becasue of the drilling rigs here in alberta, I would work the winters and hunt the falls.

Interesting facts on completeing the quest.
1. I hunted with 20 different outfitters to complete the slam

2. 7 differetn wheel planes and 3 different float planes and 8 different pilots

3.I hunted 6 different provinces in canada, i hunted 4 differetn states in the united states and i hunted 2 different place is mexico.

4.Total cost of the north american 29 is 248000$

5.easiest hunt was the black bear and the hardest hunt was the bighorn sheep.

6.My wife ventured on 8 of the animals with me through thick and thin, Blinding winds and heavy rain and snow falls. Thanks Brandie

7. Only 2 animal made the boone and crocket record book ( the tule elk)
2 animals made the Pope And Young Record Book(The muskox,shiras moose.)
And 4 animals made the awards in boone and crocket,The yukon moose, Woodland caribou, Mexican coues deer, North american elk

8. I used 5 different weapons to complete it, Archery, 300 RUM, 30-06 M70 Winchester,300 Savage lever action, Open sighted black powder muzzleloader( you have to hunt the columbian blacktail with this weapon, oregon laws)

I thought i would post the north american 29 for everyone to see.

All four sheep

Last edited by Rockymtnx; 11-07-2011 at 09:59 PM.