View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 AM

I sometimes ponder these sorts of rules that target people who by their nature don't follow rules.

Take all the extra airport security since 9/11. Used to be able to carry utility knives onboard, now we can't, and maybe that's fine. Then you couldn't bring water onboard or any liquid or gel. Then they started x-raying you to make sure that bulge in your underwear is actually you

And maybe those new procedures have had some moderate effect, if only to make the would-be terrorists go back to the drawing board and pray to Allah for a new plan.

Thing is though, humans are a creative bunch. If I was that keen on taking down a plane I'd find a way even if it meant knawing the end of my toothbrush into a shank or rubbing two sticks together to set the whole thing on fire.

Back to the gun restrictions, I'm personally not in favor of people walking around in public with guns under their jackets. Maybe a 22 in a woman's purse but in general even a good man can make a mistake in the heat of the moment and do something they'd regret. But I don't see the problem with transporting your handgun in a car to the range or wherever and certainly not with carrying one in the woods. Afterall there are more dangerous things out there than one guy with a pistol. It wasn't illegal to be a bear last time I checked