View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Gone Hunting

Jamie

"I just think it is all to little and to late. I believe in my heart that this is a done deal, so you will end up seeing exactly what you wanted."

How do you know exactly what I want?

To me the open spaces project as it stands now is like a house that is just framed. The working group was preparing to 1. work out the detail (something many on here are crying out about, not knowing the detail) 2. involving all concerned groups (something a lot on here have been crying out is needed) and 3. improving on the information avalible to the public (something they admit they had been very weak in before, and something a lot on here have been using as the main reason they were against O.S.)

I would never say "what a great house or I am totally against that house." after just seeing the frame work of it. I would like to see how it changed and developed as it was worked on. I may like to have "some" input in how it was finished up. I do not think Morton or SRD or the PCs are an evil bunch conspiring against resident hunters. As a matter of fact I think Morton and SRD have the best interests of resident hunters in mind. (More Sunday hunting and some muzzleloader opportunity is proof of that , my earlier post was tounge in cheek, those who did not understand that maybe do not understand much of what has been revealed on O.S.)

The AF&GA may have voted not to support the propposed O.S. Does that mean they are willing to participate in further planning and construction of the pilot project? Or that they would like the house burned down before another nail is pounded into the framework?

I know my posts must be confusing to some on here. I am not a "Black and white" Love it or Hate it" kind of guy. I see that O.S. has some good ideas and some that may be questionable. I would like to see something posative come out of it. And it bothers me to see people so passionately against it with no tolerance for any other possible views. (and I still think a lot do not understand it. When you see people say "I don't want to have to pay a landowner to go elk hunting" you know they don't know the intentions of O.S.)

Robin in Rocky