View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
Waxy,

Sometimes in life we have to have strange bed fellows. I like you, don't agree with everything the AWA says or does. However, I think that even though the various groups that oppose paid hunting may have differences in opinions, we are united in a common cause, opposing paid hunting. A coalition of groups can be very powerful and joining forces can prevent paid hunting from happening in this province.
Yep, I completely agree Rafter. In fact, I think it makes the message even stronger when it's coming in a united voice from groups that are largely at odds over most issues. That makes it pretty clear how important the issue is to everyone involved.

Unfortunately, after watching the 1 min clip on the CBC news last night, I'm more depressed than I've ever been during this fight. The entire 45 min conference was edited to less than a minute of the AWA representative talking and a mention of the AFGA. No mention of the Liberals or NDP being present. To top it off, the anchor ended the segment by saying that the PC party stated that the pilot program will increase hunting opportunities for everyone.

No one from the PC's showed up, preferring a blanket statement. The reason was clear as far as I'm concerned. You can't argue with yourself, so by completely avoiding the issue, you avoid debate and questions, and hopefully, the issue goes away. It worked perfectly for them yesterday.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this thing is a done deal, and everything we're doing is simply falling on deaf ears. Morton is dug in, and he's on a one way track. We need to find someone who's willing to listen, maybe Stelmach himself.

Waxy