View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
My goal to give the kids a great day is to supply enough fisherman to act as guides .....bait hooks, tie hooks, help with technique,unhook fish, drill holes and tell good fish stories to keep them smiling.

i can accommodate with gear and bait a dozen or so anglers. i would be happy to assist and share my ice fishing knowledge with them in the few hours allotted for the event. i also will bring both a flasher and a camera and make sure each angler gets a chance to experience fishing with electronics as well.

depending on the number of volunteers to assist directly with the anglers, it would be beneficial to limit the “guide to kid” numbers. i organized an event at PCR a couple summers ago for Fathers and Sons. as many of you know the action can be furious at times. We caught a few that evening, and i was kept hoping re-baiting rigs and assisting in releasing the entire time. we can only pray for that kind of bite on Feb 25th. having volunteers ready to assist inexperienced or first time anglers unhooking and returning fish to the water properly and as quick as possible is an essential part for any successful event.

the purposed donated sturgeon fishing trip with Dago in his jet is awesome. thanks Dago, i also would be in for buying a ticket or two for sure.

Dace